Chapter Seventeen

"Goodbye, beautiful" Jack said as he leans over to kiss me, his lips sending warmth and shivers all throughout my body. 

"Bye," I said, once we pulled apart. I pecked the side of his cheek before getting out of the car. I close the door and head towards the front door of my house.

I open the door and turn around to wave at Jack as he pulls out of the driveway. He smiles and winks at me before speeding down the road, the engine roaring. I smile to myself as I go into the house closing the door behind me. I set my bag down on the floor and take off my shoes as well as my jacket before heading to the kitchen. I freeze by the doorway as I see David there looking in the fridge wearing his regular black suit. 

"What the hell are you doing here?!?!" I shout at him crossing my arms in front of me. 

"That's not how you should be talking to me" He replied taking out a yogurt and closing the fridge, his back towards me. 

"I can talk however I want to you. Get out of my house" I said pointing towards the door. 

He chuckles as he turns to face me, a fake smile on his face. He takes a breath as his face falls into a serious expression. In a matter of seconds, he strides towards me, the smell of cigarettes and alcohol taking over my senses. I cough and step back, putting some space between us. 

"You need to stay away from Jack, Victoria. I'm serious, he isn't a good man" He deadpans, his eyes searching mine.

"He said the same thing about you," I said clenching my jaw. 

"You have no idea of what he's capable of, I'm warning you," he said his blue eyes showing a hint of sadness. I feel my temperature rise as I start to lose my patience. 

"I know exactly who he is and I don't need your opinion on who I'm with or not. You're not my Dad" I snap angrily at him. 

"Dave, you ready?" I hear a female voice say as I hear footsteps coming from the stairs.

"Vic? I didn't know you were home so soon" Mom said as she walks past me and grabs a glass of water. She's wearing a stunning red dress that shows off all her curves in the right places. Her hair is tied back into a sleek bun, she wearing a bright red lipstick paired with her red handbag and red high-heels. 

"You going somewhere?" I ask her, raising an eyebrow at her. Where is she going with David, dressed like that?

"I'm going to a gala tonight, your father is going to meet us there. So you'll be home alone tonight. Here order some pizza or something" She said as she takes out her wallet, handing me a twenty dollar bill.

"Then why is he here?" I asked her, pointing towards David. 

"Don't be rude, sweetheart. Apologize" She demands staring right at me.

"Not unless you answer my question," I said, challenging her. I don't what came over me to say that, but I'm too angry at David to apoligise.

"Excuse me?" She asks me as she raises an eyebrow. 

"You heard me" I shot back crossing my arms in front of me. There is no way in the entire world that I'm going to apoligise to that piece of shit. 

"No worries, Lynda. She doesn't need to apoligise. It is alright" David said calmly, looking towards Mom. 

"It doesn't matter David. What she did was rude. I taught her better than that" Mom answered while giving me an angry look. 

"No really, Linda. She doesn't need to. Plus, we need to leave right now, or else we would be late" David said looking at his watch. I smirk at her, she doesn't have time to scold me. Hehehe.