Chapter Three

Throughout this whole class, I could feel a stare looking at me from a certain someone sitting behind me. I feel the room getting smaller and I start getting uneasy. I just really want to get out of here. When the bell rung I felt so much relief that I could jump for joy. I literally jump out of seat take a look at my schedule; I have French next. But then I sense someone looking over my shoulder and I can feel the warmth radiating off them. 

"I have French too. Come on I'll show you the way" I turn around and find Jack looking at me. 

"Um, it's ok. I'll just ask Molly or Theo" I reply avoiding his gaze. I really don't want him to be around him, he gives off this 'don't mess with me' vibe.   

"They both have classes on the other side of the school, so unless you want to ask them to, go ahead. I'm certain they will tell you as much information as that paper can" he replies nodding towards the paper I'm holding in my hand. 

I look around trying to spot Molly or Theo but they must have left since they have to get to class on the other side of the school. I sigh and tell myself I have no other choice but to just follow him. Plus it would be more convenient for everyone. 

"Fine, let's go," I said spinning on my heels and walk out of the class. 

Jack steps beside me and starts to walk towards the busy corridors. I follow behind him but being so small it's harder to get around people. I start to lose the sight of him and I start to panic. Being stuck in a crowd of people that are pushing me and getting in my personal bubble I find it hard to breathe and I feel like the walls are closing around me. My heart starts to beat faster, and my head starts to pound. I start to feel sick, as I slowly start to crouch to the floor, hoping that all of this goes away. 

Flashback of memories start to come back, the ones I want to forget, the ones I spent this whole summer burring deep into my head. Suddenly I feel two arms around me, they slowly help me up from where I was crouching. I lean into those arms, due to the dizziness. I wonder who these arms are because they make me feel warm and safe

"You okay?" the voice said. It was a male's, yet I recognize it. I look up to see who it is. 

I'm met with these chocolatey brown eyes that are filled with concern and worry? Once my eyes focus on who those eyes belong to, my eyes widen................... It's Jack............What? 

"Victoria?" he asks again, this time his voice is more concerned. 

"Um...yeah, I'm fine" I reply stepping out of his arms. Suddenly missing the warmth and protection of his arms. 

He hands me my bag that I must have dropped at some point and realize that the hallways are empty. The bell must have rung, so it's only Jack and me in the hallways. 

"You sure?" he asks again, studying my face. I wish he would just stop asking how I feel. I mean, of course, I'm not okay! I just had a panic attack and almost had a flashback of the worst parts of my life. Obviously, I wouldn't tell him that cause I don't know if my head can take another question of how I'm feeling.

"I'm fine! Now instead of asking how I feel can we just go to class" I replied running my fingers through my hair.  

He nods his head and reaches out to takes my hand leading towards the direction of our next class. I follow behind him, still not forgetting how his arms felt around me. I can still feel them. For some reason, my body reacted to it in a good way; I felt protected from everything in the world. 

                                                                         ----------------------------------------