Chapter Fourty Seven

It's been a few days since we landed in Greece, and this is a really great way to get away from everything going on at home. I just get to relax with my boyfriend and our friends and not really worry about David and Dylan and everything. Even though Dylan technically knows where we are because of the deal, I told him to not let his people bother us in any way.

There is always this guilt in the back of mind, knowing that I lied to everyone.... except for Jess, but that's besides the point. But I have to keep reminding myself that it's for their own protection from this dark world. Even though it causes a pit in my stomach every time I lie, and I can't help but feel like I'm betraying them, I still need to remain strong..... for them. I need to take this bullet for them, so they won't need to carry this burden that I carry. They've done so much for me and this is the least that I can do in return. I know it may not sound like the best way to do so, but it may be the only way to keep them safe and out of this world, that I can't seem to escape.

My phone starts to ring, snapping me out of my thoughts and I reach over to the nightstand and see Mum trying to face time me. I pick it up and sit up on the bed that Jack and I share, my back against the headboard before answering the call.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!" Mum and Dad shouted through the phone, making me laugh. Mum is dressed in her elf pyjamas with an elf hat and Dad is wearing his Santa hat.

"Hi Mum, Hi Dad. Merry Christmas" I said, smiling.

"Hi, sweetheart! We have your presents and the tree set up like we normally do! The only thing missing is you!" Mum said, moving her phone so that I can see our living room decorated in the usual Christmas attire. From the stockings hanging by the fireplace to the tree being decorated with presents underneath.

"It looks great, guys! I wish I was there to celebrate with you guys, but at the same time, I love it here too. I know I keep saying this, but Mum you would seriously love it here" I said to them, looking past the gigantic windows to the amazing view.

"I know sweetheart," she said, chuckling. "Can I see the view again?" She asked. I nod and switch the view around so she can see what I see.

"Why didn't we go here for our honeymoon, Jim?" Mum asked, looking at Dad.

"Because you're the one that wanted to go to the islands in the Caribbean's " Dad deadpanned. Mum shrugs in response before continuing to look at the view.

"You know babe, I had a great shower, but it would've been better with you. The shower and I were missing you in there," Jack said as he came into the room from the bathroom with just a towel wrapping around his hips, just as I switch the view back around to me.

I turn my head and he immediately freezes as he sees my parents on the screen. I bite my lip at his expression and at how hot he looks right now. His hair is soaked from his shower and little water droplets run down his muscular chest down to his amazing abs and V-line, reminding me of last night....... He clears his throat awkwardly, making me look back at his face.

"Hi, Lynda and Jim, nice to see you both." He blurted out before walking quickly behind the bed into the closet to get some clothes to save himself from further embarrassment.

"Nice to see you to Jack!" Mum said, chuckling as Dad holds a blank expression. I bite my lip at the awkward tension in the room.

"PRESENT TIME!!" Bella and Mathew call as I hear a response of 'coming's and 'give me one second's.

"I gotta go. I'll call you guys later, yeah?" I said, my finger hovering over the end call button.

"Yeah, have fun sweetheart, love you," Mum said, blowing a kiss.