Chapter Twelve

I slowly open my eyes and I'm greeted by the bright sunlight piercing through the curtains. I feel a warm arm around my waist pulling me closer to it, so turn my head and I see Jack sleeping peacefully, his breathtaking chest on full display with a few strands of hair on his face. I slowly turn so that I'm facing him and adjust the duvet that it is still keeping me warm. I move the strand out of his face. Once he starts to stirs, I smile. 

"Morning, beautiful," He said rubbing his eyes. 

"Morning, good sleep?" I ask him as he gets up and leans against the backboard. 

"Yep, especially next to you" He replied giving me wink. I feel my cheeks heat up and I look away feeling a bit embarrassed. I don't know how he has this effect on me that he could just say something and my cheeks heat up. 

I look at the clock that's on the nightstand behind Jack and my eye's widen, it's 9:00 am. 

"Hey, you okay?" He asks as he sits up straighter cupping my cheek with a worried expression. 

"We're late for school!" I shout getting off the bed running towards the door but an arm snakes around my waist and pulls me back. 

"Jack, school!" I tell him trying to get loose of his hold but the guy is pretty much made of muscles, so there is no point trying. 

"You done?" He asks me as he looks down at me raising an eyebrow. I eventually give in and lean into him trying to calm my mind down. I never miss class. If Mom or Dad finds out I'll be dead!

"Well before your little sprint to the door, I was going to tell you that there is no school today. Apparently, there was a problem with the sprinklers or something, so we get a free day off today" He explains pulling me closer by the waist. 

"Oh! You could have told me before I ran to the door panicking. That's like the most exercise I have done in forever" I replied putting my arms around his neck, leaning on his chest. 

 "The most exercise you've done, huh? Wait till you've slept with me" he said smirking squeezing my ass. 

"Hey! Watch where you put your hands' young man and who said I'm sleeping with you" I said stepping away from him and pointing a finger at him. 

"Just saying!" Jack said putting his hands in the air. I shake my head at him and open the door to go downstairs. Once I open the door, Molly's standing right there, a phone in her hand with her mouth hanging open. 

"I knew it!" She screamed throwing a fist in the air. I immediately pull her into the room and slam the door behind her. 

"Shush! We don't need everybody knowing yet" I said giving her a glare. 

"Know what, huh? That you two are dating?" She asks wriggling her eyebrows at the both of us. 

My jaw drops to the floor at her assumption. I don't think a few kisses classify as dating. I mean all we did was kiss and spend the night together, so even though that crosses the friend zone line, I still don't think it's dating. To be honest, I don't know where our relationship stands. 

"Look, I'm not sure if it's classified dating, but I really don't appreciate you telling everybody what you just heard," Jack said, scratching the back of his neck looking uncomfortable. I feel the awkwardness in the air and I start to shift my weight between each leg. 

"Well, I won't say a word, but I just wanted to give this to you, Vic. You left it on the counter" She said handing me my phone, smiling. Once I take the phone, she leaves and skips down the hallway to the staircase. 

I raise an eyebrow at Jack. "Do you really think she'll keep her mouth shut?" I ask him, closing the door. 

"Oh, she'll will, or else I'll have to share some of her stories too," He said with a mischievous smile.