Chapter Fifty Three

Dylan: We have a problem....... David has Molly. 

I bite my lip and try to hold in my expression so Jack doesn't see my horrified face. I re-read the text over and over again to make sure that I didn't mistaken what he said. 

David has Molly,...... David has Molly. 

Those words ring in my head over and over again and I start to feel my blood boil at how Dylan broke our deal. 

"Everything okay?" Jack said, looking at me. 

"Yeah.. Mum just wants me to come home so she and Dad can give me their presents" I lied, and put a little space between us as I smile up at him. 

"Okay... you want me to drive you home?" He asked and I shake my head. 

"No it's okay. Mum said she sent Dad to pick me up" I said and my stomach twists at the lie. 

He nods before saying, "Want me to wait with you?" 

"No, it's fine. He said he'll be here in a few minutes anyway. You can stay here, it's fine.....I'll see you later?" I replied, putting my phone away. 

"Uh... yeah, okay" He said, hesitating and it tells me that he doesn't truly believe me. 

"I'll be fine, babe... Just have fun and I'll text you when I get home, yeah?" I said, cupping his cheek. 

He looks at me, likes he's trying to figure something out before answering, "Fine, I'll see you then" before leaning down and planting a soft kiss on my lips. 

I kiss him back, softly and his arm instinctively wraps around me, pulling me closer to him. 

"Love you" He said, once we pull back. 

"I love you, too" I replied before pecking him on the cheek. He steals one as well and I can't help but giggle before I go and say goodbye to everyone else. 

I make sure I give a humongous thank you to Grayson for the party before leaving the house. Once I'm outside, the cold winter breeze hits me and I shiver a bit. But then it hits me when I realize I have no ride at all. I didn't text Dylan back and I mentally facepalm at myself for being suck a dumbfuck. 

I look around and spot a familiar figure standing near the tree line. I squint my eyes trying to see who it is. I know it would not be a good idea to approach the figure but something pulls me towards it. 

"Theo?" I ask, once I get closer to the figure. He turns around and gives me a sad smile. 

"What are you doing here still?" I ask, putting a hand on his arm. He tenses at my touch before looking away. 

"I just needed some time to think that's all. Luckily, Molly and I came separately so I still have my  own ride," He said, gesturing to his black Challenger. 

I nod and I start to feel guilty yet angry at the mention of Molly's name. "Hey, Theo.... there is something I need to tell you" 

"Okay?" He asked, frowning. 

I look down, "I haven't been completely honest and.... I feel so fucking guilty right now....." 

"Go on" He said, taking a step closer towards me. 

"Remember when I told you about Dylan?...." I ask and he nods. "Well, he is.... a gang leader.... and we made a deal....." I said, quietly. 

"David, a friend of my Mum's, has come back and now wants Molly.... and since we both have a common enemy, we agreed that he would protect her in exchange for my help" I said before looking up at him.