Chapter Fourty Two

The next morning we all pull up at school as usual. However, the only people missing are George and Jess. Seeming from last night events, we kind of expected it. Jack takes my bag from my arm and slings it over his other shoulder. I glare at him because he knows that I protest every time he does that. As we enter the school we all head to our respective lockers before heading to our first class. Jess nor George is in the same class as me and I'm kind of grateful for it.

As second period comes, I spot them in the hallway and I was about to start walking to them but Jack stops me and tells me that it's not smart right now. Obviously I ask why and he tells me that he told them to screw off until Jess can apologizes for what happened. I sigh and decide to listen to him however, a part of me feels like she may never apologize to me, like ever.

That's how it's been for a few days now and I can't help but feel like it's my fault and she won't ever talk to us till I tell them what she saw... or what she thinks was me, anyway. However, I'm just not ready, yet. Maybe I can tell them after the dance which is tomorrow. I just don't want to spoil the mood, if you know what I mean.

The bell rings and we all start to make our way to the cafeteria. We all find our spot and take seat and start to dig into our food. However Jess nor George join us. Lincoln and I spotted them at a table with all of Jess friends whom I met at the first football game.

"Do you think she'll ever apologize?" I blurt out, looking at the table. Everyone goes silent and looks to me as Jack stiffens and stops midway chewing.

"Yes, I believe she will apologize to you....eventually" Theo said, breaking the silence.

"You sure? I mean she hasn't even looked at me yet, let alone talk to me. It's like she gave up on me." I said, sadness and disappointment taking over me.

It's been bothering me these last few days and that's what's been in my mind all the time. I just hate the fact that my friend is mad at me but she also needs to understand that I'm not ready to reveal that part of myself that I'm very, very ashamed of.

"Come on, Vic. Don't be like that. She'll eventually come and talk to us. Just give her time" Molly said, giving me a smile.

"I just feel like it hasn't been the same since and I can't help but feel like it's my fault" I said, playing with my fork. I feel a strong arm around me and pull me closer to his body. I instantly know it's Jack due to the tingly feelings that flows all along my body. He kisses the top of my head and I instantly feel safer in his arms.

"You didn't do anything wrong munchkin. Just cause you're not ready to tell us doesn't mean she has the right to talk shit about you" Jack said, totally understanding my dilemma. I sometimes forget that Jack had his own problems once and had difficulty telling people and I'm so grateful that I have him my life to support me. Even though I might lose that if i tell him or if he finds out my secret.

"Yeah, she's just being a stubborn bitch and turning our boy against us" Jace said glaring at them from across the room. They have their backs towards us so they can't see us, however George does turn his head a little bit so we get a side profile of his face. It doesn't last long as he turns his attention back to the conversation going on at his table.

"Hey language. She's still our friend even if we're not hers. We still need to think positive in this situation. No matter what she's doing to us we still have to welcome her with open arms when she does decide to come back." Molly said, scowling at Jace.

"Whatever" he replied, rolling his eyes. I pull away from Jack and he holds my chin in his hand, looking at me, straight in the eye.

"You sure you're okay? No ones pressuring you to tell us what she may be talking about if you're not ready, alright? You take as much time as you need to. No matter what it is, it won't change the way I feel about you. I love you Victoria and nothing, nothing can ever change that" Jack said, making my heart twist.