Chapter Fourteen

Victoria's POV

"Nice one Vic" Molly shouts as I take a bow and walk back to take the seat beside her.

"Beat that, losers!" I shouted, sticking my tongue out at them. Jace sticks his tongue back at me as he walks up to the bowling lane and picks up his ball. 

After breakfast, we've decided to go do some bowling before Jack has to pick up the twins from school. So we came to a bowling alley that was down the street from where we were to kill some time. The eight of us split into two lanes; Jace, Jess, Theo and I in one lane, Jack, Molly, George and Lincoln in the other. 

As Molly and I are on the bench waiting for Jace to finish his turn, we ordered some fries and onion rings to snack on as we wait for our turn. 

"Your turn, Moll," Jack said once the pins hit straight in the middle for his fourth strike in a row. 

She groans and gets up and picks up her pink bowling ball as she makes her way to the bowling lane while Jack comes and sits where Molly was as the food comes. 

"Thank you," I said as the guy puts the food down on the table and slips a paper in front of me. I frown and unfold it. A word messily scribbled in pen, said 'Number?'.

"What's that?" Jack asks me as I read the paper. 

"The guy dropped me this paper" I replied as I handed him the paper and looked towards the same guy who handed me the paper. He smiles and winks at me. I shake my head at him. Why do guys think that they can just hit on girls like that? 

As Jack reads the paper, his jaw clenches and he grips onto the table. "I'll be back" he grits as he gets up and walks towards the guy, who's at the counter. 

My eyes widen as I realize what he is doing. I quickly get up and follow him. I step in front of him and stop him from smashing the living cells out of the guy. 

"You have a problem sir?" the same guy asks. I turn around and glare at him. He's a short and plump guy, wearing a red uniform shirt with black pants and a belt as well as a black baseball hat with the logo of the bowling place on it. 

"Yeah, I do! Dropping this on my girl" he said pushing past me and slamming the paper on the counter causing it to shake a little. I stare in shock, he just called me his girl. For some reason, it sends butterflies in my stomach and my breathing gets heavier. 

The guy at the counter stare's in shock at Jack and puts his hands up to surrender. 

"Don't you dare do that again, do you understand?" Jack said angrily reaching over the counter and pulling the guy by the collar towards him. I quickly snap out of my own mind and run towards him, gently pushing Jack on the arm to let go of the dickhead. 

"Excuse me, sir, but I'm going to have to ask you to leave," the manager said as he comes up and stands beside the guy that gave me that note. Jack doesn't move and continues to stare right into the guy soul. 

"Jack, come on, let's go," I said quietly pushing him back. Surprisingly, he lets the guy go and walk backwards. 

"Sorry about that" I mumble at the two guys who are at the counter and turn Jack around as we both start to walk towards the others.

Everyone is staring at us as we make our way back to the others. I feel the embarrassment come to me and it makes me slouch a little bit whereas Jack is still tense and walks with so much confidence that it's like none of the stares are affecting him. 

"What happened?" Lincoln asks once we are near. 

"Doesn't matter, let's just go" Jack replied as he takes off the bowling shoes and puts on his black Yeezy's. Theo raises an eyebrow and looks at me.