Chapter Seven

Dedicated to all the Camaro nerds like me! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I set my tray down in between Jack and Lincoln and take a seat. 

"So are we hanging out later at yours, Jack?" Jace asks popping a grape into his mouth. 

Jack glares at him before nodding and continues to eat his lunch. I pick up my fork and start to eat my broccoli. 

"Vic, are you coming?" Molly asks as she and Theo sit down. 

"Um......." I start looking at Jack for an answer cause it is at his house. Jack looks up from his food and glares at Molly before looking at me with an unreadable expression. 

"Oh come on, Jack she is going to find out about it, might as well tell her," Molly said staring right at Jack like she is trying to tell him something through her mind. 

I look at him and raise my eyebrow. Are you gonna tell me or just continue to glare at Molly? You know I would really love to know about this whatever it is. What harm can it do? Am I right? Obviously, I don't tell him that cause that would be implying that should get invited and that is rude. 

Jack groans and runs a hand through his hair. 

"Yes you can come as long as you don't ask questions on what you see," he said looking at me. 

"OK, but what about the thing Molly wants me to know," I ask him feeling courageous. I usually wouldn't ask questions about something he doesn't want to talk about, but like I said, this has peaked my curiosity. He sighs and looks at the window, debating between himself if he should tell me or not. I look at Molly for any clues but she just shrugs. So I look at Jess and George but they do the same. I then try Lincoln, but he just gives me a tight smile. 

"It's a big college thing and it usually happens on Friday nights, but it can happen anytime" Jack starts. I nod for him to continue and he runs a hand through his hair. 

"'The Speedway' is what they call it. It is basically car racing. It's about an hour north from here in the middle of nowhere" He said quietly so no one else hears him. My jaw drops, and my eyes lit up and smile. He furrows his eyebrows at me but then grins when he realizes what I'm thinking. I squeal and turn to everybody with a huge smile. 

"Why are you smiling so big? Most people would have turned pale and never come near us, but you're the complete opposite" George said frowning at me. 

"That's cause a) I'm not most people, b) I LOVE cars and c) I LOVE car racing" I replied still smiling like an idiot. 

"Wait, is it illegal?" I ask him, cause the best type of racing (besides NASCAR) is illegal. 

"Yep, the best kind" he replied and I instantly throw my arms in the air scaring Lincoln who is sat beside me. 

"YES! I am so going to this" I said smiling even bigger, not caring about the stares I'm getting from other people. 

"No, you're not," Jack said looking serious. 

"What do you mean? Of course, I'm going, right guys?" I said looking at everyone else at the table and I get a series of nods.