Chapter Sixty Two

"So have you figured out what you're going to wear for your graduation? And have you started packing to move to LA?" Mum asked as she stands at the doorway of my bedroom as I'm taking out a suitcase from my closet.

I stay silent because I still don't want to talk to her about what happened and I'm guessing nor does she. She sighs and crosses her arm in front of her as she watches me.

I've decided that I wanted to go into architecture so I've applied to Southern California Institute of Architecture which is literally a few minutes away from USC, where Jack is going to pursue his football.

It took a lot of convincing for us to tell him to go since the twins were the things holding him back. But in the end, he said the twins are okay to be going to a local boarding school so Jack won't have to worry about them too much while he's away.

"Honey, can you at least answer the question?" She asked, sighing.

"Can you answer some of mine?" I replied, bitterly as I put my black suitcase on my bed, opening it. She sighs again and purses her lips.

"Fine, an answer for an answer" She said, pushing herself of the doorway and sitting on the other side of the bed.

"How do you know David?" I asked, turning away and walking to my closet to pack some clothes first.

"We grew up together" She said, answering the question very vaguely.

"I need more than that" I said, turning back around to face her as I fold a few pairs of shorts I took out.

She raises and eyebrow and I just silently wait for her answer. "When I was ten, my parents hosted one of those business parties and one of their colleagues brought their son, David"

"Your turn" She said and I look up to her.

"No, I don't know what I'm wearing but my friends are going out tomorrow. And yes, I have started packing..........How did you learn how to actually hold gun?" I said, curiously.

Something flashes in her eyes before looking down. "I was part of a gang called the Demon's Owl... that's how" I freeze for a moment at the mention of the name.

"Does Dad know?" I asked, continuing to fold my clothes.

"He's the reason why I left" She said, fiddling with her fingers in her lap and I nod.

"How about you, how did you learn those stuff? I'm pretty sure the self defence classes I put you in didn't teach you how to hold and shoot a gun" She asked and I start to feel all weird inside.

"Same reason you did" I said as calm as I could. The room goes silent that I could practically hear someone running past our house outside.

"You... you were part of that?" She asked, her hands practically shaking.

I nod, "Yeah..."

"H-how did you g-" She starts but I cut her off.

"When some guys threw David out of order. It was around then when Dylan cheated and you got that job offer to move, so I just left"

Silence again fills the room as I continue to pack as Mum keeps fiddling with her fingers. I decided to keep out the fact that my friends were those guys cause if I did I would never hear the end of it with her. She's going to go on and on about how they are a bad influence and they put you in a dangerous situation and blah, blah, blah.

"Do you sometimes feel like you never really escaped that life?... That it always seems to come back?" She asked, craning her neck to look up to me.