Chapter Eighteen

"What the hell is going on?!?" 

I quickly jump out of Jack's hold and turning around. I spot Mom and Dad coming towards us with David just entering the house. I sense Jack stiffen behind me at the sight of him. 

"Why is there blood on the floor?" Mom shrieks holding a hand to her mouth. Dad quickly gets to her side, rubbing her back. 

"What happened here? Jack, what are you doing here?" Dad asks looking between the blood, myself and Jack. 

"Sir-" Jack starts.

"Some guys broke in through the front door and was searching our house for something. Jack being superman, fought off all those guys and they all left groaning and limping in pain. One of them have a bleeding arm and others have broken noses and other stuff, that's probably why there is blood on the ground" I explained gesturing towards Jack and all the blood. 

"Oh my goodness" Mom gasped running forward to embrace me. 

"Are you okay?" Mom asks as she crushes me im her 'hug'.

"I'm fine, except for the fact that you are suffocating me" I reply patting her back

"Sorry, honey" She said letting me go. Dad comes and also embraces me in a bear crushing hug and starts to stroke my head. 

"Thank you, Jack. For taking care of my daughter" Dad said giving him a nod. 

"Your welcome. I would never let anything happen to her" Jack said looking at me, his eyes softening. I smile at him and I pull away from Dad walking over to him. I give him a side hug and he puts an arm around my shoulders, planting a kiss on my head, never leaving David out of his sight. Dad coughs at the gesture, both Mom and him raise an eyebrow at me and I shrug in response. 

"Do you have any idea who came in?" David asks walking into the room, inspecting the blood on the ground. 

I hear Jack silently growl and watch him like a hawk as David moves around the house. I look up at him, his eyes emotionless as he clenches his jaw. David makes eye contact with him and it feels like all the air has been sucked up as the two of them engage in an intense stare down. Both of their eyes burning like flames at the sight of each other. David makes eye contact with me and shakes his head slightly at me. I glare at him and Jack tightens his hold around my waist. 

"No, they were wearing masks" I lie narrowing my eyes at David. I just have this gut feeling that he is somehow behind it. 

"Well then I'll ask my guys to come and inspect this then. I'll assure you that they'll find whoever did this" David said nodding.

"Like hell you would" Jack scoffs. My parents look at me and give me the 'him, really?' look. I shrug in response and look at Jack and see some more blood dripping down from his eyebrow almost to his eye. I clear my throat to break this tense feeling between the two of them.

"Come on, let's get you cleaned up" I said pulling Jack by the arm towards the kitchen.

"I'll get the first aid kit" Mom said as she walks pass us and opened the cupboard, taking out the kit.

"Thanks" I mumble to her as Jack sits on the stool putting his forearm on the counter, leaning on it.

"So Jack, right?" Mom asks as she leans on the other side of the counter looking at him. I sit on the stool beside him and take out everything I need.

"Yeah" Jack said briefly glancing at her before returning his stare at David.

"Can I ask what were you doing here?" She asks him leaning forward on her elbow. I roll my eyes at her, such protective parents.