Chapter Fifty Seven

Dylan Thomas Mardy

Beloved Son and friend 

May 16, 2000 - January 19, 2018

Forever loved and remembered 

I feel nothing, not even a the slight feeling of pain, just numb everywhere. I know this feeling, it happened to me a year ago and now it's happening again. It just feels like every year I loose someone important in my life. Even though I hated Dylan before with all I had, it didn't mean I didn't care for him, just not in that type of way. 

Dylan's funeral was simple, people of the gang showed up in black and so did his parents that he hasn't seen in years. The ceremony was simple, people taking turns to give their epilogue, everyone holding in their feelings except for his Mum's few sniffles that could be heard from across the room.

It's been a little bit over a week since the accident. David was pronounced dead on the scene and the gang has reassured us that their will no longer be a threat directed to us for the time being. Obviously, the gang took care of everything, making sure no authority heard of it and took care of the people that resided with David; completely eliminating the enemy.

Since Dylan's death, everyone was given a choice to stay or not and those who've stayed selected Abigail as their new leader. I honestly think that she'll do just fine, she was born a leader, I could see that. 

I haven't spoken to Mum ever since then. She's been surrounding herself into her work and I refuse to talk to her. It's only when Dad is near do we act somewhat civil, but I usually just hide up in my room, blocking everyone off. 

Jess was filled in on the event and although she's mad at us for not including her, George told her it was for her own safety. Molly has been MIA just like me and I understand what she's going through. It's not like everyday where your father presses a gun to your head and your boyfriend confesses his love for another women. 

Jack, well,... I haven't really heard from him. I haven't seen him at school or at practice. I just don't really know where he is right now and I know what he's doing. Giving me space. To which I agree, after all that happened; the lying, the going behind each others back, it's needed to just focus on our stuff right now. To just reflect as individuals and find ourselves again and figure out what we want in life. 

And as for Jace, Lincoln and George, they're just trying to hold everybody together. It seems like this past week, everyone is going there separate ways from the accident and their just trying to bring us together. 

However, the one person I don't know how he's doing is Theo. Like Jack, he hasn't been in school  very often. I would see him some days but then he'll just disappear into the crowd. I've tried talking to him but he always manages to walk away before I even have the chance. 

"Here, you look like you need this" Jess said, bringing me out of my thoughts as she hands me a glass of champagne. 

"Thanks" I replied, taking it from her and taking a sip. I look around the room we got for Dylan's funeral as everyone around us are dressed in black. 

"So, have you heard from either Jack or Theo yet?" She asks and I shake my head before looking down to my drink. I swirl the liquid around a couple of time before answering.