Chapter Fourty One

I look through the clothes in Molly's closet and pretty much everything in it reveals too much skin for my liking. Practically all the jeans are ripped and every shirt either is cropped or has a plunging neck line. I sigh and look through some of the drawers and finally find a regular black tank top. I go through some of her jeans and pick out the least ripped ones I could find. I then go over to the cardigans and pick out a long grey knitted-like one. I then do as Molly said and look through the un-used underwear and since Molly and I have the same bra size, I just pick a random one out.

I walk out and and let the towel that's wrapped around my body fall to the ground as I start to put on the clothes. My hair is wrapped in a towel and I head back to the bathroom to dry it off. As I rub my hair with the towel, I hear distant voices coming from downstairs. I frown, I thought Molly and I were the only ones here.... I quickly put on the cream, that Molly insisted I used onto my face before hanging up the towels and grabbing my old clothes and throwing them in a plastic bag. I open the door and head downstairs. As I walk down the stairs I hear two people whispering, a very familiar males voice as well as Molly's voice going back and forth over something.

"No, I told you, she wasn't feel well. Lincoln texted me during class that she didn't show up. So I decided to check the washroom and there she was, crying. So I did what anybody else would have done" Molly shout-whispers. I stop in my steps as she describes what happened, carefully listening to there discussion.

"That doesn't mean you need to tell me that she's fine and that she left school. That just makes me worry even more" The man's voice, who I recognized as Jacks said.

Before things get anymore escalated, I continue my way down the stairs. I spot them talking in the massive kitchen but neither of them recognize me as I'm somewhat hidden behind the centerpiece in the middle of the gigantic foyer. I quietly put down the plastic bag in my hand that was in my hands on the ground, trying my best to not let the sound echo through the entire house. However, my discreetness was not very good since Jack turns his head towards me. I stand up as he makes long strides towards me. A fire ignites within me as I meet him halfway. His strong arms wrap around me into a bear crushing hug. I wrap my arms around him as he snuggles his head into the crook of my neck.

"Are you okay, munchkin?" Jack said, his voice muffled a bit by my half wet hair. I nod, letting his smell engulf me, making me temporary forget all my problems.

"You worried the fuck out of me, you know that?" He said, pulling away just enough to see my face. He brings one hand up and cups my cheek, lightly stroking it with his thumb.

"Everything okay? Molly told me she found you crying in the bathroom. Who made my munchkin cry?" He asked, concern laced in his words as well as his eyes.

I shake my head, "It's okay. I'm fine, it just-" I said, unable to continue as my eyes start to water from remembering what Jess said. I turn my head to Molly and she mouths to tell him what happened.

"What is it, munchkin?" Jack asked, bringing my attention back to him. He quickly glances at Molly who's has turned her back towards us as she goes to get a glass of water.

"I-I....... Something also happened at the mall that I didn't tell you" I said, glancing at the floor. I explain what happened in detail what happened again for him as well as saying the reaction Jess had towards it. I then go over what happened today with Jess, leaving out the part where I realize what she means because I don't know if I'm ready to talk about that yet.

I start to breakdown again as my legs start to give up. Jack holds me up and pulls me into his muscular chest, rubbing my back in circular motions.

"Sshh, it's okay. Ssshhh," He said, resting his cheek on the top of my head. His hold comforts me as I start to find myself calm down. I pull back and wipe the tears away, feeling bad that his sweater is a bit wet from my tears.