Chapter Fifty

IMPORTANT NOTE AT THE END, PLEASE READ IT. SERIOUSLY, IT CAN CHANGE THE COURSE OF THIS BOOK. IM NOT JOKING. PLEASE READ IT. THANK YOU!!

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!"

I groan and bring the covers further up, hugging it closer to my body. However, it doesn't last long as someone grabs it and rips it off me, letting the morning cool air, hit me with full force.

"Come on, sweetheart, it's your birthday, don't you want to at least celebrate a bit first before going to school" Mum said, sitting on my bed. Dad sitting on the other side of me.

I groan again and turn onto my stomach and bury my head in my pillow. Ever since we came back from Greece, I just find it even harder to wake up everyday and face what's at school. Jack's been trying to talk, but I just avoid him like a plague. I just don't think I'm ready to face him, yet. I'm glad that at least some of my friends still talk to us and understand our predicament and try their best to break the tension.

"If you wake up then I might leave a few slices of the chocolate cake I bought for your birthday. But since you don't want to, I guess, I'll just eat all of it for myself" Dad said as I instantly roll out of bed and go to my closet to pick something out. Nothing is going to stop me from eating some chocolate chip pancakes or cakes. Both of them are like LIFE!!!!

"You better hurry before I eat everything,... including the chocolate chip pancakes" Dad said, making me turn around and glare at him as he and Mum leave the room.

I turn back to my closet and pick out a large maroon woolly sweater paired with black leggings and a matching maroon beanie. I move to the bathroom and start to get ready. Once I put on my outfit and brushed my teeth, I realize my under bags are really showing, due to the lack of sleep I've been getting. I take out some light coverage foundation and start to put that on, using my beauty blender to blend it in. I then take some concealer and start to apply that under my eyes to really try and conceal those terrible dark circles.

Ever since what happened in Greece, I've been getting nightmares again. I use to get them back in Omaha from the unspeakable things I did, and ever since I stopped and moved here, they've seen to disappear. However, they've recently come back, but this time it's different. Every time I close my eyes, I see myself back at that club, Brittney on top of Jack, kissing him. Other times, I'm brung back to the spot where I caught Dylan cheating on me, but this time it's Jack's who's on the bottom with that blonde bitch bouncing on top of him.

I push the thought out of my mind and quickly put some translucent powder to set the concealer to place before dusting on some bronzer and putting on some mascara. I look at myself in the mirror to make sure I don't look like I haven't slept in days before walking out. My phone pings and I grab it and as usual, it's the dick himself, Jack. I see 5 unread messages and because of my stupidity I open them.

12:30 am: I know you're pissed, but can't you at least give me a chance to explain?

12:31 am: If not for me, but for us? Please, Vic, I'm begging you.

2:00 am: Goodnight, babe. I love you.

..........

6:00 am: Good morning. Can you stop ignoring me and just say anything? I want to make sure you're okay.

7:47 am: Happy Birthday. :)

The last one caught me off a guard a bit. I'm surprised he actually remembered mine, but at the same time, I remember his. The 28th of January, exactly eight days after mine; the 20th of January. My heart twists as I remember that time he told me. I sigh and close my phone walking out my room and down the stairs. He's been sending these type of messages ever since we came back and a part of me wants to reply back and say that I'll talk to him, but at the same time, the other part doesn't want me to and let him pay for it.