Chapter Fifty Nine

Victoria POV

It's been probably a month or two since the funeral and I haven't done much these days beside study and homework. March break just finished and I just came back from a week long vacation with my family from Australia and it was probably one of the best week of my life. It was an amazing way for me to just relax and really think about everything in my life and I feel like it really helped me find who I am again. 

I've learn't that to get to the best points in your life, you have to get through the hard times as well. And even though sometimes it feels like it's the end of the world, it isn't cause this is just another obstacle life throws at you. I realized that you just have to put your head down, persevere and you'll get through it because the outcome is amazing. It really is truly an amazing feeling at the end. 

I feel replenished and no longer feeling like a sad lil bitch anymore. It's like I've been reborn and I'm feeling happy with how my life is going right now. My grades are pretty good besides my French, to which I'm still struggling a bit with despite the extra help and my social life is piecing itself  back together and I'm feeling good. 

I walk into school and as usual the people stare at me but I don't care anymore. I walk with confidence that I never had before, not giving a single fuck about what these people think of me. I found myself again and I don't plan on forgetting it any time soon. 

A few weeks ago Kaitlyn like always started a rumour that I cheated on Jack with Theo and that's why we broke up and the same with Molly and Theo. Even though we all know that's not true, cause why would I cheat on someone when I've been cheated on? Cause apparently that makes so much fucking sense.... cue the eye roll. 

I make my way to my locker and I let out a breath of relief that Jack isn't there. I haven't really thought about him that much nor have I even talked to him. I just focused on myself before I can tackle my other problems in my life.  

The bell rings and brings me back to reality as the crowd starts to push and shove to get to class. I shut the locker, my books in my hands as I make my way to English. The second bell rings just as I walk into class. I see Jack sitting in the corner of the class, his hood up as his attention is focused on his phone, the desk in front of him is empty, indicating to me that Theo hasn't shown up, again. I sigh and walk over and sit beside Molly, which is on the opposite end just as the teacher walk in. 

"I'm loving your tan by the way... You wanna hang out with Jess and I for girls night?... You can tell us all about the hot guys there" Molly asked once class was dismissed, nudging me slightly  as we both get up and swing our backpacks over our shoulders. 

I chuckle, "Sure, I'm down" I replied as we both wait in line to file out the door. 

I feel heat being given off behind me and a familiar smell of citrus and I instantly know who it is. He's so close that I can feel his breath fanning the top of my head. I bite my lip, trying to push away those feelings but they won't budge. All of a sudden, the students start to push there way in and one of them bump me on the shoulder and I go flying backwards. 

An arm quickly wraps itself around my waist to prevent me from falling. It pulls me to its chest like he's trying to protect it. I gulp and gently push his arm away once I'm somewhat stable. 

"Thanks" I mumble. He doesn't say anything as he just continues to look down on me. I lick my lips intentionally before quickly heading out the door and down the hallway. I feel his presence behind me and I damn whoever it is that made us in the same classes. 

Once I arrive the bell rings and I take a seat, just Ms. Earnhardt starts handing out  apiece of paper. Jack walk in a few seconds after and walks to the back row for the seat in the corner. He gives one deathly stare to the kid that sits there and he instantly scrambles away to the empty one at the front. I turn away and face the front just as Ms. Earnhardt hands me a paper.