Chapter Fourty Eight

"Drinking is legal?" Lincoln asked as we all sit in the limo on our way to a some private party Molly was invited to thanks to her connections through her Mom. The twins are staying back with Chris, after lots of convincing to Jack, that they'll be fine and most importantly, safe.

"Well, it is a private event, for New Years. I don't really know, just stick to beer or something" Molly said, shrugging.

We all nod and I feel Jack's hand fall on my exposed thigh, making my heart beat quicken. Both Jess and Molly said that I should wear this cream laced, off the shoulder, crop top paired with a tight champagne mini skirt for New Years as it supposedly 'shows off my body in the right ways' whilst Jess wears a black leather like strapless skin tight mini dress with her signature black leather on top as Molly wears a red skin tight mini dress.

I look down at Jack's hand on me before I look up to meet his eyes that are already staring down at me. He squeezes my thigh slightly making me bite my lip as he smirks. He knows that he has this effect on me and he's using it to test me. He does it again and this time I put my hand on his and intertwine our fingers to stop him. I look the opposite way, however, I still feel the heat of his eyes on me.

"We're here" The driver said as we stop in front of a club. You can hear the loud music that practically makes the building shake.

People are lining up on the side however, we're parked right in front. We all get out and Molly shows the security guy something before she gestures us to follow her in. Jack holds my hand as we enter, the place instantly goes dark except for the large neon lights. Lots of people are on the dance floor, grinding each other. We make our way onto the second floor that over looks the place and there are fewer people here, indicating that this is more of a private area.

"So just stay here for drinks and stuff, if you wanna dance, it's down there. Take these and put them on so you can get back up here" She said, handing us white wristbands that we put on.

"Drink anything you want, it cost nothing" Molly added as we all nod understanding. "So shots anyone?"

"Fuck yeah," Jace said before we all make our way to the bar. I sit in between Lincoln and Jack as they order the first round.

"You sure you can handle it?" Jack said in my ear, smirking, making me roll my eyes.

"Of course I can, why?.... You think I can't?" I replied, turning to him, raising an eyebrow. He shrugs in response.

"Here" Lincoln said, as he hands two shots for us. We take it and thank him.

"Alright bottoms up!" Jace hollers as we all down the drink, the familiar taste of it burning my throat. I put the shot on the table the same time Jack does all as we're the first ones to finish.

"Woah, Vic. I didn't know you can down it as fast as your boy" Jace said, staring at me in shock. I shrug before he orders another round.

A few rounds later, Jace challenged me to five shots and whoever finishes it first gets fifty bucks from the loser. Naturally, I agree and smirk at him cause I know that I'll win. I'm not much of a lightweight, I can take a good share of liquor and be fine, however, when you give me Brandy.... well......that's a different story.

"Let's see what you got," Jace said, smirking. "Bottoms up!" He said as Theo counts us down. I know Jace isn't so much of a lightweight, like me he can take a good amount of liquor, but unlike him, I can control how much I drink.

Once the countdown ends, I quickly take the first shot, downing it easily before moving onto the second, doing the same. Jace does the same and we're practically at the same pace by the third shot so I pick up the pace just a little on the fourth, finishing it before him.