Chapter Five

"Thanks again for the ride, Molly," I said as we were pulling up to my driveway. 

"No problem, I'll see you tomorrow" she replies nodding her head towards me. 

"Yeah, bye," I said getting out of the backseat of her red Mini Cooper and wave to her and Theo, who is in the passenger seat. 

"Bye," they say in unison and start to reverse onto the road.

I turn my back towards them and head to the front door of my house and take out my keys. The house is a grey suburban house with white frames around the windows. There are a double garage and steps leading to the front door that is underneath a dome-like thing, supported by two white pillars on each side. It has four bedrooms and three bathrooms with a basement that has turned into my dad's  and I 'den' to watch only our favourite sports. 

Once I enter my house, I take off my shoes and jacket and head to the kitchen to get some food

Once I enter my house, I take off my shoes and jacket and head to the kitchen to get some food. I put my backpack on the floor beside the stool that sits underneath the long kitchen island and grab a yogurt from the fridge and some Oreos and walk back to the table to eat.  Once I sit down I take out my homework and start to work on it while eating the snacks I've grabbed. 

A few hours later, I'm sat on the couch binge-watching season 6 of Vampire Diaries with my pink triceratops pyjamas after I showered so I don't need to in the morning. Just as I was about to start a new episode, the door bell rings and interrupts my 'happy' time. I groan and walk towards the door and open it forgetting to check through the little peephole. 

"What do you want?" I said opening the door with a bored expression.

"Is Mrs. Brown here?" asks a middle-aged man wearing a black suit.

"No, why do you ask?" I replied frowning. 

"No reason, just thought I should give her this. Tell her it's from an old friend" the man said handing me a rose gold necklace. It has a circular pendant in the middle with a big ass diamond in the centre of it surrounded by other smaller diamonds.

 It has a circular pendant in the middle with a big ass diamond in the centre of it surrounded by other smaller diamonds

 I look down at the necklace and frown. I look back up but the man has already gone, leaving me with tons of questions. I close the door and lock it before heading back to the couch. I pull out my phone and text my mom on when she is coming back. Once I'm done, I lock my phone and press play on the tv. 

I hold the necklace in my hand and try to focus on what's going on but I can't help but think of that guy who showed up and the many questions that surround me.

How does this man know mom? Who is he? How does he know where we live? Does dad know him? Why does he want mom to have this? How does this mom know him? There are just endless questions around me. I shove the necklace into my pocket and get up to get some water.

Just as I take a sip of the glass of water I poured, Dad walks in with his briefcase looking exhausted. 

"Hey sweetheart, how was your first day of school?" he asks once he sat down at the kitchen table. 

"Good, I met a few people, which was nice" I replied taking a seat beside him while taking a sip of water. 

"Rough day at work?" I ask 

"Yep, I just got a new client who is just so.............bitchy" he replied rubbing his face.

I laugh at his statement. As much as Dad loves his job, he always complains about certain clients that drive him nuts. I then think of Mum and wonder if she'll back for dinner then I could ask about the man and the necklace. But should I tell dad? What if he doesn't know who he is? What if he suddenly gets all hulk-mode? I sigh at the constant questions coming to mind of what I to do. 

"You okay, kiddo? Something bothering you?" Dad asks as he notices the sudden change of attitude. 

I shake my head in response and get up to go to the couch and continue watching. I don't think I should tell him what happened. Whoever this man is, I don't think Dad should know of him just yet, not till I get some answers and talk to Mum. Next thing I know my phone beeps signalling I have a text. 

"Speaking of her" I mumble as I look at the text.

Sorry honey, I won't be able to make it to dinner, this is taking longer than expected.  I alrdy told dad. Have a goodn8, I'll see you tmrw

I sigh and lock my phone and stuff it back into my pocket. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow. 

                                                                 -------------------------------------------------

About an hour later, Dad and I are at the dinner table eating some leftovers from last night. I'm not really in the mood to eat so I keep just pushing the food around my plate. 

"Are you sure you're alright? You're usually wiping the food right of the plate" Dad asks as he eats another broccoli while giving me a concerned look.

"I'm fine just tired" I lie. However, I am telling a bit of the truth, I am tired of everything that happened today. From meeting Jack, Molly and those people to the panic attack to the strange man that keeps coming to mind. I just can't get him out of mind as well as the questions that come with him. 

A few moments later, I'm in bed staring at the ceiling. This is the part where I reflect on the day and just think about what I could have differently to just really taking a step back and really analyze the day. I start from the very beginning where I first met Theo and Molly. Then Jack comes to mind. How he helped through that panic attack and how his arm felt around me. I frown at myself, why am I thinking about him? Usually, no one, not even my parents can help me through these panic attacks but somehow he did. Which makes me think even harder of how that's possible. I don't know how this guy makes me feel..............safe............. I shake my head as I disapprove myself of the thought. 

 However, he comes back to my mind of when he gave that concerned look when I was about to go with Jess for free. He genuinely looked concerned and a bit worried. Even though his face didn't show it, his eyes definitely did. And then when I answered him, he just returned to his emotionless face and walked away. I sigh, this guy is confusing! He goes from emotionless to full of concern. It's like he can't make up his mind if he wants to open up or not. I groan and pull the covers over my head. I should not be thinking of him anymore, it's starting to make my head hurt of all the confusion. Not even going to mention the man that appeared this earlier. 

I reach into my pocket and take out the necklace. It really is a pretty necklace. I open my drawer in my nightstand and put in there. I really don't want to be thinking about it right now. I look at the clock. It reads 11:00 pm, shit! I need to sleep or else I won't be able to get up. I sigh and try to get some sleep. 

I slowly feel my eyelids close and the blackness inviting me in. Just as I was about to drift to sleep, the door opens slightly and I see a faint feminine figure, who I assume is Mum standing in the doorway. I want to say goodnight to her but I'm already to deep into the darkness. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Five done! I know that this chapter is a bit shorter than the last two, but hopefully you have enjoyed. Next chapter on Sunday, so stay tuned for that!!!!!!! 

1411 Words.