Chapter Thirty Five

"I'm so hyped for this! Won the first game of the season, thanks to our amazing captain, Jack." Jace shouts as he stands on the counter a red plastic cup in his hand. Loud cheers follow as Jack raises his cup. I lean into him as his hold around my waist tightens. I smile before taking a sip of the beer in my cup. 

"Here's to us and the many victories to come! Defending state champion's, LET'S GO!!!!" Jace continues as we all cheer to it and take a sip of our drink. 

"Let's get this party started!!!!!!" Grayson shouts as Somebody by Chainsmokers start to play, the house practically shaking. 

Everyone starts to make their way towards the living room where the furniture is all pushed against the wall, making a huge dance floor. I look over and see Jace already on the dance floor, some girl grinding all over him. I scrunch my nose in disgust as I turn back to where my friends are. 

"Come on, stop standing there and let's go party!" Molly said, downing her drink before grabbing Theo's arm and dragging him to the dance floor. I chuckle as Theo mouths, 'help me'. 

"Sorry dude" George calls out as we lose sight of him in the crowd. 

"Wanna join em'?" Jack suggests, taking my hand. I shrug and he leads all of us after Molly and Theo. 

We all make our way into the middle as Jack lifts our joined hands and I do a little twirl as a little giggle slips through my mouth. We hold hands as I start to bounce to the thumping music around us. Even with a large number of people around us, the only thing I can see and focus on is the handsome boy in front of me. Dressed in his white t-shirt with a grey collar underneath a Levi's denim jacket paired with some black skinny jeans as well as a brown beanie is just making him looking extra sexy right now. His chocolatey brown eyes stare at me with such passion and kindness, as I start to slowly myself in them. I start to side step with a bit of a bounce in them as I sway to the music. 

I look around and see Jess and George beside us as he starts to bust some moves that I'll admit are a bit cringe. To my left, Lincoln is dancing by himself. He catches me looking at him and I gesture to join us. He stops dancing and looks between Jack and I. I looks up and see Jack, looking at him like he's trying to tell him something. I frown up at him but he doesn't seem unfazed. I turn back to Lincoln but he gives me an apologetic smile before turning around and leaving the room. 

"What was that for?" I ask Jack, once I turn back to him. 

"Nothing, it's just... you know what? Don't worry about it, it's fine" He replied, looking at me as something flashes through his eyes but I couldn't quite catch it. I frown and look behind him towards the window. 

He's hiding something and I don't know what it is. It's like he wants to tell me but he can't at the same time if that makes sense. I've had people hide things from me before and look where that turned out...... I don't like it when someone isn't being honest with me, especially if it's someone I love but at the same time, it's none of my business and as much as I would love to know and maybe help them out a little, I shouldn't be sticking my nose where it's not supposed to be. It's his business and I don't want to interfere with it, whenever he's ready he can tell me. I don't want to pressure him into telling me if he's not ready. 

"Okay," I answer, giving him a smile. He returns it before forming a mischievous smirk. I frown slightly at him but before I can say anything he lightly pushes me, making our joined hands extended to full length before pulling me back in, so my back pressed against his front as his arms wrap around mine. 

I giggle as he buries his head into my long yet thick brown hair. He plants a kiss on my neck before putting one on my cheek. I turn my head to the side just as his lips touch mine. His soft warm lips, igniting a fire in me. My head spins as our lips moving in sync making me feel like I'm in a fantasy. I pull away before we get carried away and turn to face the front as I start to sway us to the music. He chuckles and places his head on top of mine as we start to 'dance' to the music.