3

Chapter 3
Mavis POV
This morning was pretty insane and people have been talking about it all day, talking about me all day. I couldn't wait to get out of here, Friday was suppose to be fast and easy but this Friday seems like it's here to stay.

"Cheesesteak or pizza?" Jeff asked as we stood in line for our lunch. I nodded towards the cheesesteak, he told the lunch man who then placed it on my tray. After grabbing an apple and a water we sat down at the table.

"Jeffery!!!" His friends greeted him. In return he gave them all handshakes as I dug into my lunch, it wasn't bad, it was pretty decent so I enjoyed it until; Grayson sat down. I quickly put the cheesesteak down not wanting to look like a fat freak in front of my crush.

"Hey" He said softly with one of his captivating smiles. I looked at him and he took that as a sign to continue talking. "You left me on read last night?" I stayed silent. "You know I was really taken aback by your attitude, I really like it" I examined his face as he talked to me, he had shaven so now his face was smooth and all I wanted to do was touch his newly shaven jaw line.

"So am I gonna hear the sweet sound of your voice or?" He tried to get me to talk but I wouldn't budge afraid to embarrass myself. "No? Ok then you can't respond when I tell you I'm taking you on a date tomorrow night" my eyes widened at his statement. "You're still not talking so I'll take that as a yes, wear something nice preferably a dress, now let me go get some grub" He leaned in and kissed my cheek ,which almost made me squeal, before getting up to go to the lunch line.

I turned and looked up at Jeff, who was smiling at me.

"I don't own a dress" I whispered in his ear as I began to panic.

"Chill" he chuckled. "I'm sure Stacy has a dress that fits you" I rolled my eyes at the mention of my older sister, she was so narcissistic, I hated her; and she hates me.

"You know how things are" I mumbled looking down.

"You're right, I'm sorry, I'll buy you one" He offered.

"No!" I Immediately denied quietly.

"Sorry I couldn't hear that could you speak up?" He pretended not to hear me knowing I wasn't going to talk louder. I huffed and sat back in my seat.
————

"Perfect!" Jeff exclaimed as I walked out of the dressing room wearing a short black dress.

"It's not to much?" I asked worriedly as I looked in the full length mirror.

"Like I said it's perfect he'll love it" Jeff reassured me. I smiled at the thought of me and Grayson's date, I was actually really excited; I mean I had no idea how it was going to go because I wasn't planning on talking. But just the fact that he asked me out excited me.