8

Chapter 8
Mavis POV

"So, you pretended to be Ethan throughout the entire date?" I giggled as me and Grayson strolled through the mall.

"I didn't know what to do!" He laughed, his cheeks turning pink in embarrassment.

I laughed a little louder covering my mouth with the hand that wasn't holding my yogurt. After a few short seconds of laughter I looked up at him and he was gazing at me.

"What?" I asked blushing a tad bit.

"Nothing you're just beautiful" he complimented giving me a toothy smile. I stopped walking looking down as I blushed harder.

"Nah don't hide" he stood in front of me placing his hand under my chin making me look up at him. "I love it when you blush" he said making me giggle and bite my lip.

"Damn" he mumbled before pressing his lips against mine, I was shocked at first but then kissed him back. His hand slid around my waist pulling me closer.

The kiss was so good and I got so lost in it that my arms went weak and I dropped my yogurt.

"Ahh!" A feminine scream pulled us apart. I looked to the side to see Stacy with her friends. My yogurt had splashed all over her, what looked like, brand new shoes.

"You bitch! Look what you did!" She yelled at me. "God you ruined them just like you ruin everything else"

"Aye, don't talk to her like that" Grayson stepped in.

"Grayson it fi-" I tried but Stacy cut me off.

"Who is this your boyfriend? What does he hit you too? You really know how to pick 'em" Stacy spat. "Come on guys let's go" she walked away leaving me in tears.

"Who was that?" Grayson asked pulling me into a hug.

"My beloved sister" I sniffled, talking into his warm chest.

"Let's go back to my place where we can talk, yeah?" He pulled away looking into my eyes. I just nodded.

Grayson POV

I needed to talk to mavis about what her sister said.

What did she mean about 'does he hit you too'

Did someone beat her in the past?

Does someone beat her now?

I had so many questions, but I didn't want to freak her out.

She seems so fragile.

I just met her, but I just feel the need to hold her and protect her from any harm.

It might be too soon for this but... I think......I think I love her...