12

Chapter 12
Mavis POV

"I'm right here with you, okay? Just grab your stuff and we're out of there" Jeff reassured.

"Yeah" I mumbled taking a deep breath.

He knocked on the door, well more like pounded. A few short seconds later the wooden door opened revealing a sweaty Mary Jane wearing nothing but a white yellow-ish robe.

"Jared the whores back" she said before blowing cigarette smoke in my face making me cringe.

"And that delicious red head, johnny right?" She smiles at him with her yellow teeth. Jeff cringed before he spoke.

"We're here to pick up her stuff that's all" he spoke with a seriousness in his voice.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" Jared appeared wrapping his arms around Mary Janes waist.

"Like I said we're only here to pick up her stuff" Jeff repeated.

Jared and Mary Jane stepped aside letting me slip in. The familiar scent of cheap liquor and cigarettes filled my nose almost making me gag.

I ran up the stairs entering my closet like room. I opened the duffle bag Jeff let me borrow quickly filling it with my very few belongings.

"You are not leaving!" Stacy scoffed from behind me.

"I can't stay here" I continued packing my things.

"No!" She snatched the clothes I had in my hands from me. "If the foster agency finds out you're not living here anymore we're all going to get in trouble and you are not screwing things up more then you already have!"

"Stacy, he beat me while you stood idily by watching!" The tears pooled in my eyes.

"Oh, here come the water works!" She scoffed throwing my clothes onto the dirty carpet. "Why do you act like the victim?" She walked over to my bag and and began dumping it out onto the floor. "When in reality I'm the victim! To every terrible thing you've caused since the day you were born!" She yelled shoving me so I fell on the ground.

"Stacy, stop! Please! I can't stay here anymore!" I removed the scarf from my neck revealing the bruising that was left. "Look what he did to me!"

"Oh and you don't think he's hit me before?!" She scoffed. "Remember you're the one who put us here! You're a worthless, pathetic, piece of-"

"That's enough, Stacy!" Jeff interrupted her as I began crying.

"Get out" he demanded.

"You can't tell me what to do!" Stacy snapped with a snarky attitude.

"Stacy if you don't get the fuck out I'll make you" Jeff threatened. He was bluffing, he'd never hit a woman. She scoffed, rolling her eyes before she left.

"C'mon, let's hurry up so we can get out of here" he grabbed the bag refilling it. I nodded wiping my tears.

We walked down the stairs holding hands.

"I'd say it's a pleasure seeing you, but it wasn't so" Jeff said, every word laced with disgust.

"On second thought" Jared said pushing Mary Jane off his lap so he could stand up.

"She's not going anywhere"