59

Mavis's POV

I walked home, my eyes on the ground the entire time.

He kissed her, I can't believe he kissed her. So this entire time he's been ignoring me was because he was with her.

I looked down at my sweatshirt the smell of Grayson suddenly making me feel sick.

How could he do this to me? I trusted him and he betrayed me.

I should've went to UCLA so I could be there with him, maybe then he wouldn't of kissed Emma.

I opened the door to my apartment not even reacting to a shirtless Jeff making out with a shirtless Becky.

Jeff's POV

The door opened and I pushed Becky back knowing it would be Mavis.

Her eyes were red and I could tell she had been crying, we were all awkward and silent for like a second before Mavis walked to her room leaving a paper bag on the counter.

"Get out" I snapped at Becky slipping on my shirt. Why was she crying? Was it because I was ignoring her?

"W-what?" She scoffed. "You can't just-."

"I said get the fück out, do you not speak english" I pointed at the door. She grabbed her shirt and shoes before leaving, but not before slapping me.

I didn't really care, the only thing that mattered to me right now was Mavis.

"May?" I softly knocked on her door, she didn't answer but small sniffles were heard. I opened her door quietly walking inside. She was laying on her bed facing away from me so I sat next her. "Mavis"

Her phone rung and Grayson's name appeared on the screen, she reached over pressing the off button silencing the call.

What? Hasn't she been trying to talk to him these past two weeks?

What the fück did he do to her?

When the call ended her screen showed 13 missed calls from him.

"May, what's wrong?" I asked more sternly. I was expecting her to stay quiet but she sat up wiping her tears away.

"Nothing I'm fine" she shrugged.

"Bullshit, Mavis, it obviously has something to do with Grayson. I won't leave you alone until you tell me. Because I swear to god-."

"He fücking kissed another girl!" She blurted out tears beginning to fall again.

I know that this makes me an asshole but this is the best news I've heard in awhile.

"Oh Mavis I'm-."

"Oh fuck you, don't pretend like this isn't the best day of your life" she snapped. "Just get out I want to be alone"

"M-."

"Get out!" She pushed my hands away. I hesitantly got up walking out of the room a little shocked, she's never snapped at me like that.

Mavis's POV

Next day....
I laid in bed staring at the ceiling, I got maybe two hours of sleep? I couldn't really sleep when the image of my boyfriend making out with another girl.

My alarm rung and reached over taking it off the charger, last night I had to put it on airplane mode because Grayson kept blowing it up with calls and messages and from every app he could contact me through.

There were paragraphs, missed calls, snaps, DMs, anything he could text me though. I clicked on his contact before bringing it to my ear.

It rung three times before he picked up.

"Mavis, Baby, I'm so glad you answered" he rushed out, letting out a breath of relief.

"Why?" I asked quietly.

"Why? W-what?"

"Why'd you kiss Emma?" I elaborated, I just needed to hear his reasoning. "Were you horny or-."

"No, baby, no" he sighed. "There's no good reason for what I did but I was stressed ok, school was kicking my ass and when Ethan suggested small a party I thought it would be a good idea but more and more people started arriving and I went into my room. I stayed in there drinking and watching survival videos. Then Emma came in I was buzzed we were talking she leaned in and I kissed back but only for a split second. I pulled away immediately and told her to get out. But it meant nothing to me Mavis, I only have eyes for you, I love you"

"Okay" I mumbled, I didn't fully believe him but I didn't want to complicate things.

"O-okay?"

"I-.....I forgive you" I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear licking my lips so they wouldn't be so dry.

"Thank you baby, I love you so much. You are not going to regret this I swear I'll make it up to you. How bout I fly out there for the weekend?" His voice sounded hopeful.

I looked over at my door thinking about what Jeff would do if Grayson showed his face here, him coming to me wouldn't be a great idea.

"N-no, I'm tired of this cold how bout I go to you?" I asked.

"Y-Yeah Whatever you want I'll pay for the flight" he said, we were both silent for a couple moments before he spoke.

"Look Mavis, I love you so much, with all my heart you hear me baby"

"Yeah....I love you too" I whispered.

"I'll text you the details of your flight, I love you"

I hung up before laying back on my bed.

"So you're just going to forgive him? Just like that?" Jeff's voice filled my ears and I jumped looking over at the door where he was standing.

"Just leave it alone" I whispered getting up.

"No! Mavis he cheated on you" he scoffed.

"You'd love if we broke up, wouldn't you?" I snapped, he stayed quiet. "Good, so don't come in here pretending to give a shit about me or my relationship"

I tried walking past him but he grabbed my arm pulling me into his chest so we were face to face.

"Don't you ever think for a second that I don't care about you" he looked straight into my eyes. "He fucking cheated on you, Mavis, that's not okay. And I know I'm a hypocrite but I don't give a fück because it involves you and he cheated on you"

"It's fine, Jeff, just....ugh leave it alone" I snatched my arm from his grip continuing my journey to the bathroom.

It's fine.

Three days later....
Once Grayson spotted me in the airport he ran up to me pulling me into a big hug, I hugged back tighter.

"I've missed you so much, Mavy" he pulled away a little kissing me softly.

"Ahem, no hug for your favorite twin?" Ethan scoffed standing awkwardly behind Grayson.

I smiled at Ethan pulling him in for a hug "still being a man-whore?"

"No....maybe....okay yeah" he shrugged. "So In and Out on me?"

He slung his arm around my shoulders leading me towards the exit, as he talked I looked back at Grayson who was carrying my bag keeping his gaze on the floor.

Hopefully this weekend will fix us....