29

Mavis POV

Grayson and I walked back to the field hand and hand smiling like idiots.

"Grayson! My guy!" Some other football player yelled.

"I'm going to go find Jeff, you go talk to him" I pecked his cheek before walking over to Ethan and Aaron.

"Hey guys congrats!" I giggled hugging Ethan. "Where's Jeff?"

"He left with one of the cheerleaders" Aaron chuckled. He never leaves a game without seeing me.

"Hey eth, has Jeff been acting weird lately?" I looked up at him.

"Yeah, he's been kinda sad. Do you know why?" He crossed his arms over his chest with a slightly worried expression.

"No, but I think it has something to do with me and I don't know what it is" I shrugged. I was really worried about Jeff, we always tell each other everything; why is this time any different?

"Lets go get some pizza!" Grayson semi shouted as he slung his arm over my shoulders.

"Yeah!" Aaron and Ethan agreed before we walked to the car.

Jeff POV

I pulled out collapsing next to her. I laid in my bed staring at the ceiling as I steadied my breathing. After a few short minutes I looked over to find her asleep. I stared at her features. She had long brown hair, tan skin, long lashes. She looked a lot like mavis; that's probably why I chose her. I need to get mavis out of my system, I can never have her and I need to understand that.

Mavis POV

"Are you sure you can't sleep over?" Grayson asked for the fifth time as he put the car in park.

"No" I giggled. "Mary would kill me, but I promise we'll spend the entire weekend together" I cupped his cheeks placing a quick sweet kiss on his lips. I pulled away making him groan.

"That just made it harder for me to leave" he playfully pouted making himself look even cuter. "How about I sleep over?" His face lit up with excitement but it quickly faded when I shook my head no.

"I don't think Avalon would like a teenage boy sleeping in her room" I giggled.

"Avalon's with a friend" he sighed.

"What friend?" I furrowed my brows

"I don't know I didn't get a good look at him" he shrugged.

"Him!?" I asked he nodded. "Oh fuck" I got out of the car.

"What's wrong!" He asked before I closed the door.

"Him is Dylan" I sighed before closing the door. I ran upstairs to Jeff's room, opening his door without knocking. It's a habit.

I turned on the light and gasped at the scene. Jeff was cuddled up with some brunette in his bed. His eyes fluttered open, he quickly sat up when he saw me. I turned around so I wouldn't see anything.

"Umm, s-sorry to barge in but Ava's at Dylan's house" I heard him get out of bed and a belt jingle.

"Where are you going?" I heard a soft, groggy, feminine voice ask.

"Out, see your way out" Jeff said bluntly before walking past me.

I saw the girls bra on the floor in front of me, I picked it up handing it to her mumbling a quick sorry before following Jeff.

I caught Jeff right before he started his car. I got in the passenger seat giving him a worried look.

"What do you want!" I was taken aback by his harsh tone but I understand that he's mad because his baby sister is with a man right now.

"I'm going to make sure you don't murder someone tonight" I snapped back holding my ground. Jeff rolled his eyes sighing before starting the car.

Once we arrived at Dylan's house I hopped out quickly. Not fast enough because Jeff was already half way up the walkway.

Jeff banged harshly on the door then waited impatiently tapping his foot. A few short seconds later the door opened revealing a shirtless Dylan. He was sweating, his hair was tousled, and he had lip stick marks around his neck. The same shade Avalon was wearing at the game. Jeff must've seen what I saw because he grabbed Dylan throwing him on the lawn before beating him.

I ran upstairs to find Avalon. She was in the room at the end of the hall. I opened the door to the dimly lit room.

"Babe who was- mavis?" Avalon covered her naked self with the dark green blanket.

"Get dressed. Now" I demanded.

"But-"

"Do it!" I've never been this firm with her but she needed to understand that this wasn't okay. She scurried to get dressed then followed me back downstairs.

When we got outside she saw Jeff on top of Dylan and tried to run over to then but I gripped her arm dragging her to the car sitting her in the back seat making sure to put on the child's lock.

I ran back over to Jeff pulling him off of Dylan. I looked down at Dylan finding him bloody, bruised, and unconscious. I kneeled down placing my hand under his nose, his breathing was shallow. Fuck fuck fuck fuck.

I ran back inside picking up his house phone dialing 911.

"911 what's your emergency?" The lady asked.

"I need an ambulance at 1234 number street" I spoke calmly.

" ma'am what's your situation?" She questioned.

"There is an unconscious man on the lawn he's barely breathing" before she could ask anymore questions I hung up the phone jogging back outside.

"Let's go now!" I commanded as I walked back to the car.