27

Mavis POV

"It's Wednesday my dudes!" Ethan yelled as he sat at the lunch table. Grayson's eyes filled with excitement. I quickly covered his mouth knowing that he was about to quote the vine.

He laughed but it was muffled by my hand.

"You two had a lot of fun last night didn't you?" Ethan wiggled his eyebrows at me and Grayson. I blushed hard as hell, I knew Ethan and Aaron saw us. Shit, they probably heard us too.

"Oh Grayson" Aaron moaned mocking me, making Ethan laugh. I was a little embarrassed and would really appreciate it if they moved on from this uncomfortable subject.

From the corner of my eye I could see Jeff with an angry/serious expression. Was it because they were mocking me? No he would've said something. I'll ask him about it later at home.

Grayson noticed my discomfort and spoke up. "Fuck off" he threw fries at them as they laughed.

"You guys going to the game?" Ethan asked us.

"Obviously we're on the team doofus" Jeff playfully rolled his eyes.

"Are you going may?" He smirked at me.

"Dude" Grayson scoffed throwing chips at him. I giggled. That's just Ethan he's naturally flirty. The other day he flirted with the librarian and now he's allowed to smoke pot in the back of the library.

"Um yeah, Avalon said she was going with me" I explained before sipping my soda.

"Avalon, huh?" Ethan smirked.

"No!" Jeff responded almost immediately.

Ethan held up his hands in defense before laughing.

"Sup guys" Dylan sat next to Ethan along with three other jocks. I hate these guys they're rude and obnoxious. All they do is drink, play football, and disrespect women.

"What's up my guy" Ethan gave him a handshake. Sometimes I hated how friendly Ethan was. Dylan looked at Jeff then looked at me smirking.

"It's Maya right" he leaned on the table. Please talk to somebody else you self centered dick.

"No" Grayson responded for me. "It's Barbara, actually"

"Well I'm sure Barbara can speak for herself" he gave Grayson a challenging look.

"She can but she doesn't talk to perverts, tell me Dylan is Avalon the first underaged girl you've slept with or are there more" Grayson spat. Oh fuck.

"Watch it Dolan" Dylan growled before looking at Jeff. "Besides the little bitch was practically begging for it"

Jeff slammed his hands down on the table before lunging at Dylan. Dylan fell on the floor and Jeff sat on his stomach punching him in the face. One of Dylan's jock friends got up to help but Ethan and Grayson stood up.

"I would do that" Ethan warned. This was going to get ugly fast.

"It's three against two, I like our odds" jock #1 said. I didn't know their names and they aren't relevant enough so I'll call them by numbers.

I had to do something before they got beat up. Not that I thought they would because Ethan and Grayson were pretty tough guys I'm sure they could take them down if they wanted to but they would be in trouble, a lot of trouble.

"Teacher!" I yelled making us including the crowd that had formed around start to panic. Ethan quickly got Jeff off of an unconscious, bloody Dylan. I gasped at the sight frozen in my spot.

How could Jeff be capable of something like that? How could he beat someone senseless? It scared me knowing that Jeff could do this because the last man that I knew that was capable of doing something like this was Jared; we all know what Jared did.

"Mavis c'mon" Grayson held out his hand for me. I stood there frozen looking at bloody Dylan. He slung his arm around my shoulders sighing before leading us through the group of people.

"You're dead Davis!" We heard a deep voice yell from behind us. Probably one of the jocks. We got outside to where the cars were.

"W-where are we going?" I asked. Jeff didn't answer because he was pissed his fists were bloody and his face was stone still.

"We need to go now, before the principle sees Dylan and starts asking questions" Ethan unlocks his car. "Who's going with who?"

"I'll take Mavis in our car and you'll go with Jeff" Grayson spoke up. "We'll meet up at the diner" he held the car door open for me. I got in without saying a word.

I watched as Grayson walked around the car sliding into the drivers seat. He pulled out of the parking spot driving onto the road Jeff and Ethan in the car behind us.

"You're quiet what's wrong?" Grayson look at me as he stopped for a few seconds at a stop sign.

"Well I just saw my best friend beat the crap out of some muscle head, I'm kind of scared of him now. Oh and let's not forget about how we're skipping school right now" I sighed running my hand through my hair. I was feeling a little stressed right now a lot of stuff went down just minutes ago.

"Hey" he smiled quickly glancing at me, placing a hand on my thigh. "Chill, technically we're not skipping because it's lunch time and we're going to a diner to have lunch. We'll be back before next period"

"Still, What happens if they find out Jeff knocked out Dylan. They could expel him!" I sighed again.

"Baby, look at me" he turned to me once we were at a stop light, he cupped my cheeks looking into my eyes. "Calm down, everything is going to be fine" his voice was so soothing and it calmed me down almost immediately. He leaned in placing a soft kiss on my lips.

We heard a loud beep from behind us that made us jump. We looked back seeing Ethan point at his wrist signaling time. Jeff looked very angry. What was wrong with him today? I get he's mad at Dylan's comment, I am too it was way out of line, but even before Dylan's comment he was upset.

We looked forwards and the light was green.