22

Chapter 22

Jeff POV

I couldn't sleep last night. The image of Mavis and Grayson all cuddled up on his driveway was driving me crazy.

You're probably thinking, 'but Jeff you encouraged their relationship and told mavis to for it why are you jealous?'

Because as much as I love her, we can't be together there are to many risks. If it doesn't work out our friendship will be at risk and I'm all she has.

So I just have to sit here and watch the love of my life fall for another man. I love life.

I got up out of bed and went down stairs for some food, it was about 7 a.m. Mom was still at work so we had the house to ourselves.

As I was filling up a glass with water the back door opened revealing Avalon.

"Where were you?" I asked making her jump.

"Jesus Jeff you scared the crap out of me" she held a hand over her heart. I noticed something on her neck.

"Ava is that a hickey?" I gasped.

"N-no" she said nervously.

"Is that what you've been doing!" I scolded her.

"Jeff honestly it's none of your business" she stood her ground.

"It is when my fifteen year old sister is coming home at seven am with fucking hickeys on her neck!" I yelled at her.

"Oh like you haven't had worse" she spat.

"I'm seventeen, you're not you should be focused on your studies instead of some fuckboy!" I crossed my arms.

"Dylan's not a fuckboy!" She yelled back. She covered her mouth once she realized she said his name.

"Dylan did that to you!" I said through gritted teeth. She stayed silent. "Avalon he's eighteen years old! That's illegal!"

"It's consensual!" She defended.

"It's statutory rape!" I scoffed.

"He's not forcing me to do anything!" She said through tears. "Please don't hurt him Jeff I love him!"

I rubbed my face, thinking about what to do. That asshole messed with my little sister and he was going to pay wether Avalon liked it or not.

"Please don't tell mom" she sobbed.

I hugged her and she cried into my chest.

"I wont but you have to cut it off Ava" I softened.

"I won't" she pushed me away. "We belong together!" With that she stormed upstairs slamming her door shut.

Dylan was going to pay.

Mavis POV

A loud noise woke me up making me sit up in bed immediately. I watched as Avalon stomped through the room and into the ensuite bathroom slamming the door behind her. The fuck?

I groggily walked downstairs facing a frustrated Jeff.

"What's up everyone's asses today?" I yawned.

"Avalon's been fucking Dylan" Jeff informed through gritted teeth.

"Senior Dylan?" My eyes widened. He nodded "shit"

"She says she's in love with him" he sighed burying his face in his hands.

"Then she's not going to want to cut him off" I shrugged.

"She has to he's basically a man age wise, cause that dudes mentally a child" he scoffed.

My phone pinged.

Grayson: morning 😘

I smiled at the message.

"What's got you all smiley?" Jeff asked. I showed him my phone and he silently oh'd.

Me: hiyah

Grayson: I want to take you on a date

Me: oh?

Grayson: yup be ready by 6 o'clock princess

"I have a date tonight" I squealed.

"Oh" Jeff chuckled a bit awkwardly. "T-that's great"

"I know this time it'll be so much better!" I was smiling uncontrollably. Just the thought of Grayson made me giddy. 

"Hey, Uh, I'm gonna head out for a bit. You good here right?" Jeff asked getting up from his stool.

"Yea Fine" I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear giving him a small smile.

*

I have nothing to wear! I was freaking out, my date with Grayson was in two hours and I had nothing to wear.

Avalon couldn't help me because she was upset over her whole Dylan situation. Maybe I can borrow something from her?

"Hey Ava?" I said quietly.

"What" she mumbled.

"Can I borrow something of yours I have a date tonight" I fiddled with my fingers. This caught her attention because she sat up in her bed so fast the bed squeaked.

"I have just the outfit!" She clapped her hands excitedly at she walked towards her closet.

-

"You sure this isn't a little much" I asked worriedly as I looked at myself in the full length mirror

"God no, if I had a body like yours id show it off all the time" Avalon compliments as she finishes straightening my long brown hair.

Ping!

Avalon walked over to my phone looking at the screen.

"Ooh it's Grayson" she wiggled her eyebrows at me.

I chuckled slightly as she handed me my phone.

Grayson: I'm outside, beautiful 😘.

I smiled at the text before taking a deep breath.

"Here we go" I exhaled.

Grayson POV

As I stood in front of my car waiting for mavis to come out I prepared myself to see her.

She was always breath taking and mesmerizing, I still can't believe I'm dating her.

The door opened revealing mavis. My breath hitched as I looked at her. She was wearing a white dress that complimented her curves and the neckline was really low letting me get a peek at her cleavage. But her face was amazing she was always so naturally beautiful.

She's honestly gods best work.