4

Chapter 4
Mavis POV
Jeff pulled up to the restaurant where I was meeting Grayson. He put the car in park and looked at me.

"Just walk in there with me" I pleaded for the millionth time.

"No, May it'll be fine just walk in there sit down and enjoy your time with him" he sighed.

"What if I go in there and the world explodes?" I asked him worriedly. He laughed at my exaggeration.

"Look I'll be right over there" he pointed at a frozen yogurt shop across the street. "On a date if you need me"

"With Cassie from English" I mumbled quietly.

"Nah Victoria from Spanish" he shrugged.

"Your such a hoe" I giggled.

"Ha, Ha" He laughed sarcastically "now go and get laid" my eyes widened at his comment.

"Is that what he wants from me!?" I began to panic. I'm an idiot of course that's all he wanted, what would a guy like doing be doing with a girl like me.

"No! May, that's not what I meant he's a really good guy" he rushed out. "Would I really let you go on a date with him if I didn't think he was?" I nodded and took a deep breath as I put my hand on the door to open it.

"Here I go" I got out of the car, waving at Jeff as I entered the restaurant. Once Grayson saw me he got up holding out a chair for me. I took it scooting in.

"Didn't think you were going to come" he sighed in what I think was relief. I gave him a small smile and nodded. "So why don't you tell me more about yourself?" He tried. I stayed silent raising an eyebrow.

"Jesus mavy you're talking my ear off" he joked. I giggled but quickly stopped hating the sound of my laughter.

"Don't do that" I gave him a confused look. "I like the sound of your giggling it's the first time I've ever heard you make a sound" I gave him a small smile.

"Let's order shall we" He motioned towards the menu's. I picked mines up looking at the choices. I decided on spaghetti and meatballs because it's the cheapest thing on the menu and I absolutely despise salads unless they're Caesar or fruit.

"I'll have the Alfredo and for the lady......" Grayson looked at me for a response. I moved my chair closer to him and pointed at what I wanted. "Spaghetti and meatballs" he finished.

"And to drink?" The waiter asked while writing on the pad.

"Two lemon waters?" He looked at me for confirmation, I nodded and he told the waiter.

"I'll be right back with your drinks" the waiter smiled before walking away.

"So" Grayson turned to me. I looked at him giving him a small smile. "I guess I'll just tell you about myself, uh I have a twin brother, as you know. An older sister, Cameron. I like music, kid cudi the 1975 stuff like that" he seemed as if he didn't want to tell me a lot about him so I'm going to try and say something. I opened my mouth to talk, he smiled thinking I was going to say something but I closed my mouth making him sigh.

"Did I ever tell you the story about how I completely embarrassed myself in front of my entire family while doing a backflip?" He asked. I shook my head smiling widely.

Jeff POV

"Why don't we take this to my place?" I whispered seductively as I pulled away from Victoria's lips. She bit her lip and nodded eagerly. I took her tiny hand and walked out of the yogurt shop. I knew mavis would be fine with Grayson so why not enjoy myself.

As I held the door of my car open for her I looked up and saw mavis and Grayson through the glass of the restaurant, she was laughing at whatever he was saying. She looked really happy, she deserves this she's had a rough life. That's why she doesn't talk to anyone because she believes that if she talks to someone that's letting them in and she doesn't let people in. I'm the only exception because I've been there for her since the second grade when I noticed she was having a panic attack; and I didn't plan on hurting her. I'm basically everything she has because her sister hates her for stupid reasons, she doesn't have her parent and her foster father is an abusive dick. So I'll die before I let something happen to her.

Grayson POV

"So you need a ride home?" I asked mavis, not expecting a verbal answer. She shrugged getting up. I followed her out placing my hand on her lower back, she didn't seem to mind which I took as a good sign.

She pulled out her phone to call Jeff, I assume but she got no answer.

"So?" I asked with a smirk. She nodded. I led her to my car opening the door for her like the gentleman I am. I got in the car, almost immediately turning on the seat warmers so she wouldn't be cold in her little dress, that I wanted to tear off of her.

"Address?" I asked exiting the parking spot. She pulled it up on google maps and showed me, I chuckled at her cleverness.

On the car ride to her house I placed my hand on her knee, she didn't seem to mind. So touching is cool I noted in my mind. I pulled up to her house and got out to open the door for her but she was already out and walking towards the front door of her home.

"Hey! Hey!" I caught up to her. "You not gonna say goodbye?" She giggled and gave me an apologetic smile. We stood there in silence for a few short seconds before I wrapped my arm around her waist cupping her cheek with my other hand and kissed her. She didn't kiss back at first but then slid her fingers into my hair pulling me closer. She slipped her tongue into my mouth which caught me by surprise. I slid my hand down to her butt grabbing it lightly making her moan softly into the kiss.

"Mavis!" A female voice pulled us apart. I looked towards her house and saw that girl Stacy, from school, frowning at us.

"That your sister?" I looked down. She nodded with a sad look in her eyes. Why was she sad though?

"Inside now!" She order. Mavis sighed and kiss my cheek but before she pulled away she whispered in my ear.

"I had fun" she said in barely a whisper. I smiled so wide my cheeks started to hurt. With that she pulled away semi-running inside.

She talked to me!