13

Chapter 13
Mavis POV

"She's not going anywhere"

My heart dropped at that one sentence.

"I need her here, for the checks and such. I mean, how else am I suppose to buy my beer" he chuckled.

"By getting a job you lazy fuck!" Jeff snapped. Oh no.

"What did you say to me, boy?" Jared stepped closer to us.

"You heard me" Jeff challenged.

Jared swung but before his fist could connect with Jeff's face. Jeff ducked pushing me back. He then grabbed Jared's shirt pushing him up against the wall before punching him in the face repeatedly.

"You know how long I've been waiting to do this?" Jeff growled in between punches.

"Jeff stop!" I tried but I was helpless.

Mary Jane picked up the phone to call the police. No! She couldn't Jeff would get into some deep shit.

Without even thinking I ran over snatching the phone from her hand.

"Give me that!" She demanded. I shook my head no. She raised her hand and slapped me, making me stumble back.

This caught Jeff's attention making him drop a bloody Jared.

"Did you just touch her?" Jeff asked through gritted teeth. She quickly shook her head no.

"You call the cops and you'll share the same fate as your lowlife husband, and that's not a threat it's a promise" again he's bluffing.

"C'mon May let's get out of this hell hole"