44

Mavis's POV

7:23 p.m.

When we finally got to the Italian restaurant we greeted Rudy, Amelia, Abuela, Rebecca, Alex, Anthony, and Rob.

"You know the most delicious looking men" Abuela winked at Jeff as she nudged me. Jeff furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and sat down.

I sat in between Grayson and Jeff taking a deep breath to hold back my excitement.

"Nervous?" Grayson whispered.

"Very" I let out a breathy chuckle.

"So, Mary, what do you do for a living?" Rob asked as we all looked at our menus.

"Oh, I'm a nurse" she nodded with a smile. "And you?"

"I'm an architect" he replied. Fuck, this is awkward.

"So, I want to know more about the young man who's been taking care of my granddaughter" Abuela cleared her throat.

"I'm a male stripper" Jeff smiled. Everyone around the table looked shocked except for Grayson, Mary, Ava, and I. I just covered my face with my hands knowing he'd say something like this. "Yup anything I can do to help pay for Mavis's abortion"

"He's kidding!" I exclaimed. "He's just joking, he makes jokes when he's nervous" I smiled pinching his thigh under the table. He winced and pushed my hand away.

"So let's order, shall we?"

"So, Grayson" Rudy spoke up making Grayson stop slurping his spaghetti. "How did you meet my long lost sister?"

"Uhm, through Jeff actually." He smiled at me placing a hand on my thigh. "I had seen her in the halls a couple times but never had the guts to go up to her"

Amelia, Abuela, Rebecca, and Mary aww'd at us making me blush.

"I finally got the guts to talk to her after Jeff convinced me she'd say yes" he shrugged smiling before pecking my cheek.

"What are your plans for the future?" Uncle rob asked. Oh boy, is this what it's like to have protective uncles and brothers?

"Well, Uhm" Gray cleared his throat before chuckling nervously. "I-I'm obviously going to college"

"Which one?" Rob pressed.

"Uh, UCLA" he nodded looking down. He got into UCLA? Why didn't he tell me?

"Mavis, where are you going to college" Rob asked me.

"I-.....don't know yet" I shrugged.

"Are you going to follow Grayson to California?" He crossed his arms over his chest.

"W-well, Uhm, I-." I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. I hadn't really thought about college and my future. I've been so focused on Jeff, my new family, and Grayson that I completely forgot I was graduating next year.

"She doesn't have to follow me anywhere" Grayson shrugged. "Whatever she chooses I will 100% support her because I love her" he intertwined our fingers and kissed the back of my hand. My heart skipped a beat at his words and my lips twitched as I tried to suppress a smile.

"Well, you seem like a fine young man" Rob gave Grayson a smile before going back to his steak. Was that some kind of test?

"So you have a twin brother, is he single?" Abuela asked Grayson making everyone but Grayson burst into laughter.

As Rudy began to scold Abuela my phone vibrated shifting my attention to it.

I looked at it under the table and Stacy's name appeared on the screen. Weird, Stacy never calls me.