11

Chapter 11
Mavis POV

"Mavis" I soft voice whispered, while I was slightly shaken.

"Mmmmmm" I hummed cuddling further into the bed.

"Mavis!" The voice yelled making me sit up straight. I hit my head against something hard.

"Dammit May!" Jeff groaned holding his head.

"Nobody told you to hover over me!" I defended myself rubbing my forehead. "God what the hell is your head made out of, cement?"

"Ha, Ha" he laughed sarcastically. "Get up we can't miss school, especially now"

"Fine" I groaned. I got up rubbing my eyes. "Can you ask Avalon for some make up for ya know?" I gestured to my face and neck.

"Sure" Jeff huffed, clenching his jaw. Before he left to Avalon's room.

I know jeff was angry and frustrated, but there was nothing we could do. I just had to suck it up for one more year. I mean it's not like I didn't deserve this for doing that to my parents, right?

---
Grayson POV

I sat in 4th period impatiently waiting for Jeff to arrive. I tapped my pencil on the desk which caused a few students to give me annoyed looks making me stop.

"Sorry I'm late there was a lot of traffic" Jeff suddenly appeared apologizing to the annoyed teacher.

"In the hall Mr. Davis?" Mr. Jackson asked.

"Yeah some stupid mother fucker cut me off" Jeff scoffed jokingly.

Mr. Jackson simply rolled his eyes before continuing with the lesson.

"Hey Jeff" I whispered.

"Yo bro" he responded.

"Is-is mavis Okay? I dropped her off at her house last night and she seemed kind of worried. Also, I didn't see her this morning and I'm kind of worried" I rambled nervously.

"Dude she's fine" he chuckled.

"Was it Jared again?" I mumbled. His head snapped in my direction.

"How do you know about that?" His voice dropped like three octaves.

"We talked, she told me stuff" I vaguely explained chewing on my lip.

"He did it again" Jeff mumbled looking straight ahead. I knew exactly what he was referring to. I slowly felt the anger come in.

"And you didn't do anything?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Dammit, Grayson if I could I would, but I can't. And it kills me that I can't protect her so I suggest you keep your criticisms to yourself, given the fact that you barely know shit about the situation" he spat before he abruptly got up, making the chair make a loud scraping noise before he left.

He was right I barely knew anything about the situation, and I wish I did. All I wanted to do was help, but how could I do that without any knowledge of how to help her?

------

Mavis POV

"Ready to go?" Jeff asked as he met up with me after my last class.

"Yeah just let me grab my things" I smiled at him to try and lighten his mood. It worked.

"Hey, there" Grayson appeared as I closed my locker.

"Hey gray what's up?" I smiled at him.

"I haven't seen you all day, what's up? You good?" He leaned against the wall of lockers.

"Yeah I'm perfect" lies.

"Jeff told me what happened" he sighed. The smile that I had put on fell off my face. I turned leaving him there without saying a word.

How could Jeff do that? I know he's helping me through all of this, but I didn't want other people knowing about my problems. It made me feel like I was burdening them.

I got into Jeff's car not saying a word to him.

"Hey, you good?" He asked.

"How could you tell Grayson what happened?" I faced him.

"Look, I'm sorry, but he already knew cause apparently you guys had some talk, which you neglected to tell me about by the way" he semi-yelled at me.

"Since when am I obligated to tell you what I do or don't do with my significant other?" I snapped at him.

"Just- Ugh, fuck.... forget it alright let's just go get your shit and go home" he huffed.

I sat back in my seat crossing my arms as he started the car. He sighed and turned it back off.

"I'm sorry" he sighed. "We're both just really frustrated"

"Yeah" I sighed running a hand through my hair. "I'm just really angry and I shouldn't be taking my anger out on you"

He started the car again before giving me a small smile.

And now to face my foster parents.