28

Mavis POV

Today was a very eventful day. We went to the diner and stayed there until Jeff cooled down. He didn't look at me not once. I spent the whole time thinking of something I might've done to upset him but nothing came to mind. What did I do?

I was currently in the car with Grayson, Jeff, Ethan, and Avalon; on our way to the football field. Today was the big back to school game. I was a tiny bit excited because if we won Jeff's mood would lighten up and I could talk to him. We pulled up to a parking spot and got out. I was going to say something to Grayson but Avalon gripped my hand.

"C'mon we need to find good seats" she said as she dragged me towards the bleachers. It was kinda cold outside so I knew I was going to be miserable. I had no idea how to play football so I couldn't follow the game. But I'm here to show Jeff and the twins support, there's nothing I wouldn't do for those boys.

As the game dragged on I got more and more cold and Avalon seemed to get louder and louder. She was cheering for the boys as well as Dylan. Dylan was pretty beaten up his structured face was all bruised and swollen. Serves him right.

I wanted to tell Avalon what he said but I was afraid it would hurt her too much. I've been through a broken heart before and I'd hate to put anyone else through it.

I was staring at my shoes hoping the game would finally end, when everyone around me jumped up cheering and clapping. Did we win? I looked up at Avalon and she had a big smile on her face. Guess we did.

"C'mon lets go see the boys" she grabbed my hand dragging me down the bleachers. When we got down she let go of my hand and disappeared into the crowd of people. I was alone in a large group of people I didn't know, I could feel my breathing and heart rate pick up as my palms got sweaty.

"We won!" Grayson appeared next to me making me almost instantly calm down. I wrapped my arms around his sweaty neck hugging him tightly.

"Come on I need to show you something" he held out his hand for me I gladly took.

Jeff POV

We won!

I took off my helmet jogging towards the bleachers to find Mavis. I saw her standing alone so I picked up my pace I knew how much she hated being alone in a large group of people.

I was almost there when Grayson beat me to it. She wrapped her arms around his neck hugging him tightly. Jealousy and sadness ran through me as I watched them be happy. He said something to her and then they walked off. She couldn't even stay to congratulate me? I'm glad she's in a relationship but she's becoming very distant from me and I hate it.

Mavis POV

We walked under the bleachers where we were secluded from everyone else.

"Is this the part where you murder me?" I asked jokingly making him chuckle.

"No, but your not leaving here the same" he smiled down at me as he held my hands. I gave him a confused expression before he elaborated.

"I had this whole plan to win the game and ask you out I was going to have everyone hold up signs and even get the cheerleaders in on it. But then I realized I don't need all of that to ask you out it just needs to be me and you. So Mavis Penelope hart, will you do the honors of being my girl?" He looked down at me nervously awaiting my answer. I was flabbergasted, I was so happy right now nothing could bring me down at this moment. I wrapped my arms around his neck kissing his passionately.

He pulled away for a second. "So I'm guessing that's a yes?" I nodded eagerly before kissing him again. He was right I didn't need flowers or a fancy dinner, all I need is him.