56

Mavis's POV

The time for Grayson to go back to LA came too quickly, we were standing in the middle of the airport and his flight was leaving soon. I didn't want him to leave, I wanted him to stay and cuddle with me forever.

"Oh baby, don't cry" he pulled me closer placing a kiss on my forehead. "I'll be back before you know it"

"Before I know it isn't soon enough" I looked up at him, a tear running down my cheek. I know it may seem dramatic but I was really going to miss him, spending all this time together for him to just be gone.

"Please don't cry, my love" he leaned down kissing my lips. He pulled away making me frown, but it quickly turned into a confused expression when he put his bag on the floor. He took off his sweater and put it on me, his cologne filling my nose.

"I have to go but I promise once I get home I'll FaceTime you" he leaned down kissing me again. "I love you"

"I love you more" I sniffed burying my head in his neck. He pulled away and I instantly missed his presence. As he walked backwards he blew me kissing making me giggle through my tears.

"I love you!" He yelled before disappearing into the crowd.

I turned back to Jeff who was typing away at his phone. When he noticed Grayson was gone his face softened and he pulled me in for a hug.

"Let's go get a burger"

*

"So how are you and Becky? Haven't seen her since Friday night" I asked Jeff as I sipped my milkshake.

"Yeah, we're taking a break. The day I went to her house her real boyfriend walked in on us" he shrugged biting into his burger.

"Oh...I'm sorry" I said quietly, placing my hand on his.

"Nah it's cool, she was a distraction anyway" he shrugged before sipping his chocolate shake.

Jeff's POV

"A distraction from what?" She looked up at me innocently.

From you, you fucking goddess. This entire weekend you've been all over Grayson, it's been driving me crazy how thin the walls are at home. Having to hear you moan Grayson instead of Jeff which would sound way better coming out of that sexy mouth of yours.

"Just school" I shrugged.

Mavis's POV

"You remember Rachelle?" I asked tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, pushing my plate away from the edge of the table so I wouldn't get any ketchup on my new favorite sweater; Grayson's sweater.

"Yeah, I used her to cheat on Olivia" he said nonchalantly.

"When was the last time you talked to her?" I wanted to make sure she wasn't playing Jeff and Ethan because they're both super important to me.

"Uh, I don't know maybe like last summer" he shrugged. "We hooked up a couple times but other than that, I don't know"

Wait, but she was dating Ethan during that time.

"Why do you ask?" He sat up finishing up his burger. I froze, I had no idea what to say.

"Gray ran into her and she kinda asked about you so..." I lied sipping my drink. His phone pinged and he looked at it before rolling his eyes and turning it over.

I gave him an expectant look and he sighed. "Becky"

"Are you guys all done?" Our waiter appeared.

"Yeah just the check please" Jeff said getting his wallet out.

"Sure I can't get you anything else, beautiful?" He smirked over at me and I frowned.

"Yo, she's has a fucking boyfriend so why don't you fuck off before I fucking rearrange your face" Jeff got up getting in the waiters face.

"Jeff!" I whisper yelled getting in between placing my hands on his chest. He was staring right at him with so much intensity and anger. "Jeff! Look at me!"

I placed my hand on his cheek and he looked down at me. "Let it go" I whispered. Sometimes when Jeff is stressed or has too much on his plate he'll lash out at any little thing.

He slammed a twenty dollar bill on the table before grabbing my hand dragging me out of the diner.

"Jeff stop!" I demanded when his grip on me began hurting. "What is wrong with you?"

"I FUCKING LOVE YOU, MAVIS" he shouted and a few people looked at us. I don't think he means friendly love. "God, I'm sorry but how stupid can you be? For years I've loved you and been there for you but you never noticed me as more than just your friend. All those girls like Rachelle and Becky were just a fucking distraction from you. All I've ever wanted was you mavis. And you just don't help, all the hugs and cuddling and the I love you's, I can't take it anymore Mavis. I just can't" he walked into off leaving me by myself on the busy side walk.