58

2 weeks later...

Mavis's POV

Two whole weeks without having a proper conversation with Jeff, two freaking weeks.

The longest I've ever spent without talking to him was three days and it was the time he went to summer camp but got kicked out on the third day.

It's killing me not being able to talk to him, I'll be studying on the couch and we'll make awkward eye contact while he's making a sandwich.

I miss him.

I also haven't spoken with Grayson in two weeks. Every time I've tried to call or text he blows me off because he's "busy". It seems like nowadays no one wants to talk to me.

I need some food.

I got up from my bed making sure to pause Orange is the new black on my laptop, slipping on a pair of jeans and Grayson's UCLA sweater.

I looked in my bag to see what I could spend, not much. I should really get a job, I could use the cash.

I grabbed some money before making my way outside, walking a couple blocks before finding a small cafe.

I walked up to the barista and recognized her as Katy, I think I remember her from Ethan and Grayson's party and the club.

"Katy?" I smiled as I approached her.

"Yeah, Mavis right?" She asked smiling back.

"Yeah, you work here?" I looked around the small cafe, it was small and cozy.

"Yeah, it doesn't pay that good but it's something that's keeping me afloat, what can I get you?"

I ordered a chocolate chunk muffin and a hot chocolate before sitting down.

I scrolled through Instagram to keep myself busy. I stumbled upon a picture of Ethan with the caption '@nickiminaj'. I rolled my eyes, he's had a crush on her for forever.

Should I call him to see if Grayson's actually just busy with school?

No I should trust Gray.....but I haven't spoken to Ethan in a while.

Fuck it, I'm calling him.

I slipped in my headphones, found Ethan in my contacts and FaceTimed him. It rung for a few moments before he answered.

"Hey Mavis!" He answered enthusiastically. "I'm a bit surprised your calling me instead of Grayson"

"Yeah" I chuckled. "I've tried ya know but he's busy with school, so?"

He looked confused for a sec but shrugged with a small smile. "Yeah college has really been kicking his ass lately, he's taking harder courses than me"

He's lying, why is he lying?

"Is he in the apartment right now? Maybe I could just say hey" I forced a chuckle.

"Uhm, he's in the shower. I could tell him to call you when he gets out?" Ethan offered.

"N-no, it's fine I wouldn't wanna bother him" I gave him a small faux smile. "Look, my orders here I'll text you later?"

"Yeah, Bye"

Why was he lying to me?

Ethan's POV

A week ago....

Since grays been stressed with school James and I decided to throw a small party to loosen him up.

That was the original plan, somehow our small party turned into a rager and our apartment was for sure going to be fücked up tomorrow morning.

"Try this" James handed me a red solo cup with a blueish drink. James, Emma, and I had gathered in the small kitchen not really feeling the large group so for the past hour James has been practicing his mixologist skills.

Although Emma went to the bathroom like twenty minutes ago and hasn't been back, maybe she's pooping.

I sipped the drink before gagging. "Eww that tastes like the insides of an asshole" I wiped my mouth.

"How do you know what an asshole tastes like?" James smirked at me before turning back to the counter.

All of a sudden I spotted Emma pushing through the crowd tears streaming down her cheeks as she made her way out.

I was about to go after her concerned that somebody had did something to her when Grayson popped up in front of me a look of worry and regret on his face.

"Ethan get everyone out now!" He demanded running a hand through his hair.

"Gray why-."

"Fücking now Ethan!" He yelled in my face. I sighed before walking over to the speakers unplugging them.

"Ayo, everybody run the cops our on their way! Get out while you can!" I shouted before everyone began running out of the apartment.

After a couple minutes the apartment was an empty mess.

"Grayson what's wrong?" James asked as he rubbed Grayson's back, he was sitting on the couch head in his hands.

"I fücked up, Ethan, bad" he looked up at me and I swear he was about to cry.

"Grayson what did you do!" He was starting to worry me now and my mind couldn't help but to drift back to when Emma left crying. "James I saw Emma rushing out of here crying I think you should go check on her"

James nodded before leaving us alone.

"I kissed her man" he rushed out.

"You fücking what!?" I yelled at him, how could he do this to Emma and Mavis.

"It was in the moment and it only lasted for like a second, fück man" he buried his face in his hands again.

"You have to tell her" I crossed my arms over my chest. He has to.

Mavis's POV

Present...
When I went back up to grab my order Katy told me they were hiring people and that it would be nice if I worked with her, I agreed and filled out an application before leaving.

The chocolate chunk muffin wasn't for me it was for Jeff, it could maybe be a peace offering?

My phone rung and I almost didn't pick it up expecting it to be a random number but my heart skipped a beat when I saw Grayson's name.

"Hey Gray" I held my excitement back.

"H-Hey Mavis" he chuckled. "I have something to tell you but before I do I just need you to know that I love you, so much. You are my fücking everything Mavis and I would never purposely do anything to jeopardize our relationship"

"Grayson you're scaring me" I sat on a nearby bench already feeling the need to cry, if Ethan was lying to me earlier than it's bad, really bad.

"Mavis I-."

"Please don't break up with me Grayson, I'm sorry for anything I did or said but I love you. I love you so much please don't-."

"Baby, I'm not breaking up with you" I could hear his voice crack a little. "I-......I Uhm-......fück...I kissed Emma"

He kissed Emma.....

"Oh" I said looking down at my shoes.

"And I have no good excuse, I'm so so so sorry. Baby, it meant absolutely nothing to me Mavy, I love you and only you" he rushed out.

He kissed Emma.

"Baby please say something" he pleaded. I hung up on him keeping my gaze on my shoes as my eyes began filling with tears.

He kissed Emma.