30

Mavis POV

We quickly drove down the road as Avalon sobbed in the back seat.

"Jeff how could you do that!" Avalon hit his shoulder repeatedly. "We have to go back and check on him!" I grabbed her hands so she wouldn't set Jeff off again. He was gripping the steering wheel so hard his knuckles were turning white and if he clenched his jaw any harder he'd break his teeth.

"Avalon you need to control yourself!" I yelled at her.

"Me! Control myself! You guys are the ones going bat shit over a small age difference!" She snapped at me.

I bitterly laughed in her face. "What you think that's love?"

"I know it's love!" She yelled.

"If he loved you he wouldn't talk about you like you were a toy behind your back! If he loved you he would've come to Jeff and asked for his blessing" I scoffed.

"Jeff would've said no because he's a selfish asshole who only cares about himself" she spat. Jeff slammed the breaks so hard I almost fell out of my seat.

"You think that douche bag loves you? Tell me does he only say he loves you when you guys are fucking, huh? Does he take you on dates? Does you guys even hang out without having sex?" His tone was harsh and it gave me chills. Avalon stayed quiet with a sad look on her face.

"Exactly, you wanna let him use you go ahead I'm done because all I do is look after you yet I'm a selfish asshole so you're on your own now" he got out of the car slamming the door making me and Avalon jump.

I got out of the car going after him.

"Jeff, Jeff!" I jogged up to him grabbing his arm making him face me.

"You don't mean any of that right?" I gave him a hopeful yet worried expression.

"Yeah, I do" he said letting out a humorous laugh. "Im sick of being there for everyone and not being acknowledged for it. I go the extra mile for everyone around me but no one notices" he scoffed, his face showing hurt and sadness.

"Jeff" I sighed. "I appreciate you, I always notice when you do something for me and you have no idea how thankful I am for everything you've done for me. Jeff you're my best friend my other half and I can't do this without you; I love you j" I wrapped my arms around his neck inhaling his cologne.

Jeff POV

I wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her closer.

Best friend. I mentally scoffed, I want to be more than best friends. I want to cuddle and take her on dates. I want to win football games then have her congratulate me by kissing me passionately. I want to spoil her with gifts and her favorite foods, show her off and be that annoying couple that's considered 'goals'.

But I'm too late because she's with Grayson now and she's happy so I can never have her. No matter how much it kills me.

Mavis POV

This morning was kinda rough, all morning Avalon didn't even look at me. Jeff tried talking to her but she just ignored him. I almost snapped at her but I kept my composure.

I'm currently sitting at the lunch table with Jeff, the twins, and Aaron. I was exhausted the little encounter we had with Dylan took too long I went to sleep around 12 a.m. last night.

"Babe, you okay?" Grayson asks as he slung his arm around my shoulders. I nodded cuddling into his side. "Aw tired?" I looked up at him pouting.

He kissed me softly before planting kisses all over my face making me giggle.

"Gray!" I giggled. He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer.

We heard gagging coming from Ethan's direction making us look at him. He was pretending to gag at our embrace.

"Get a room, will ya?" He gave us a sarcastic smile before sipping his soda.

"Hey fuck you man" gray smiled at him. I gently grabbed his chin making him face me.

"Don't worry he's just lonely" I pecked his lips before sticking my tongue out at Ethan.

"Hey I could get a chick anytime I wanted" Ethan defended pointing at us.

"Yeah, but a girl that's actually down for you?" I asked.

"Well obviously that would take some time" he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yo Jeff ain't that the girl you hooked up with last night" Aaron pointed at a girl sitting a couple tables away from us with her group of friends.

Jeff nodded before walking over to her.

Jeff POV

I walked over to her standing at the head of her table.

"Can I talk to you for a quick sec?" I rubbed my hands together slowly as I awaited her answer.

"Uh, sure" she hesitated before getting up. We walked into the empty hallways before I spoke up.

"Look I'm really sorry about the way I treated you yesterday" I apologized sincerely. "I want to make it up to you by taking you on a proper date"

"Jeff Davis wants to take a girl on a date?" She looked kinda shocked.

"Not just any girl, you." I reached over to her tucking a strand of hair behind her ear caressing her cheek making her blush.

"Yeah, ok, sure" she nodded biting her lip. I ran my thump across her bottom lip, before looking up to her eyes that were gazing at me.

We exchanged numbers before she went back to her table.

Maybe she would be the one to help me get over Mavis. Olivia.