34

Mavis POV

I took a deep breath before entering the coffee shop, the scent of coffee immediately filling my nostrils. I looked around scanning the place for Rudy, my eyes finally met the back of his head after a few short seconds. He was sitting in a seat by the large window stirring his drink.

I wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans as I walked over to him. I was nervous and excited, questions like 'what if I disappoint him?' Kept rattling around my head. I did my best to push them away as I approached him.

I tapped his shoulder making him face me. "Hey!" I waved with a smile.

"Hey!" A bright smile appeared on his face as he stood up. He gave me a brief hug before he gestured towards an empty chair that I sat in.

"So, Uh" he chuckled. "I don't really know where to start. Like wow I can't believe I actually have a sister!"

"How do you know I'm your sister?" I asked wanting to know how he found out about me.

"Well, my aunt told me about you." He shrugged.

"Aunt?" I asked. An aunt, aunt means possible uncle; which means kids which means cousins!

"Yeah, up until three months ago I thought I was her son." He shrugged again. "Apparently my, well our, mom had me when she was still in high school and wasn't really ready for a kid so she gave me to our aunt who was in college at the time"

"So, why did she choose now to tell you about this. You look about...." I trailed off.

"I'm twenty-four" he chuckled. "She didn't know mom had other kids, because after high school mom ran away with dad. She found out about you guys from her things. They were mailed to us after she died but auntie never had the guts to go through them"

"Wow, so I have a brother and an aunt!" I smiled widely.

"As well as an uncle, two cousins, a sister in law, a niece on the way, and a very opinionated abuelita(grandma)" he smiled as well. I gave him a shocked look.

"Does Stacy know?" I couldn't hide the excitement in my voice. His mood seem to drop at her name.

"Uh, um Stacy made it pretty clear that she wants nothing to do with this" he looked down at his coffee.

"Yeah, she's like that." I gave him an apologetic look. "Can you tell me about our aunt?" I asked hopefully.

"Aunties name is Amelia and she is the sweetest person on this earth" he smiled at the thought of her. "She loves to cook and she adores kids. She's always so positive about everything, and when your feeling down she'll bake cookies and talk to you. That's another thing too, she's so easy to talk to; I can talk to that woman for hours on end"

The rest of the evening we spent talking about our family. My uncle rob is an architect that designs amazing house. Him and aunt Amelia have a pair of twins, Anthony and Alex who apparently are the most energetic boys ever. His fiancé Rebecca is a publisher, and by the way he describes we I can tell that they are deeply in love. They're expecting a baby girl very soon. And my abuela, She has stories for days and she's not afraid to speak her mind.

"This is amazing" I gushed. "A week ago I barely had any family and now I do, when can I meet them!"

"This Saturday is our annual family barbecue. It's a great way for you to meet everyone" he smiled. We've been smiling so much in the past two hours.

"That sounds great!" I looked at my phone realizing the time. "Oh my god, we've been talking for two hours! I should really get home before Mary starts to worry"

"Mary?" He asked confused.

"My best friends mom, she took me in after my foster parents kicked me out" I said nonchalantly. He frowned but shook it off.

"So I'll see you Friday?" He asked getting up along with me.

"Absolutely! I can't wait!" I hugged him before leaving.

Grayson POV

"Dude! Behind you!" Jeff shouted. I was currently in his bedroom playing call of duty. I decided to come over after school to wait for Mavis so she could tell me all about her meeting with her brother.

I was kind of worried because what if Rudy isn't really her brother; or he doesn't reach her expectations. She'll be crushed.

I didn't turn fast enough so I died, then when Jeff came to revive me he died.

"Damnit gray!" He scoffed tossing his controller on his bed. "What's wrong with you man? You seem off today, things good between you and M?"

"Yeah, Yeah she's just meeting her brother today and I'm worried about it" I shrugged.

"Wait, she's meeting that guy?" Jeff asked surprised.

"Yeah, you didn't know?"  I thought he did usually she tells Jeff everything.

"No, she didn't" Jeff looked at the screen clenching his jaw.

I was about to speak but we heard the front door slam shut then quick footsteps running up the stairs.

"Oh my god you guys!" Mavis entered the room with a big bright smile. "I have an aunt and uncle and cousins and a sister in law and oh my god a niece!" She squealed. "And auntie Amelia is nice and bakes cookies, a-and uncle rob designs houses! They have twins like you Grayson! And Rudy's so in love! Oh my god and my abuela! She's probably going to give me so many family recipes and she can tell me about my mom! Oh the stories about my mom that I'm going to hear!"

"Ok, ok, mavy; calm down, breathe" I chuckled placing my hand on her shoulders.

"Ok" she took deep breaths before giggling. "I just-" she squealed. "I'm so happy! I-I can't believe I have a family now" tears of joy brimmed in her eyes as I pulled her in for a hug.

Jeff POV

A new family.

I'm happy for her, honestly but if she has a new family,a real family, what does she need us for?