9

Chapter 9
Grayson POV

I took her to this secluded place in the woods that me and Ethan had found awhile back while exploring.

"So" I said as I sat down against a tree holding my arms out for her. She reluctantly sat on my lap. "Tell me about this infamous Stacy"

Third person

Mavis was very reluctant to tell Grayson her life story. She wanted to trust him, she did. But she's been hurt so many times that now she has trust issues.

"Stacy is my older sister, I live with her and my foster parents, Jared and Mary Jane." Mavis let out a shaky breath. Grayson, being the kind soul he is, held her hand to comfort her; giving her a reassuring smile.

"She hates me" she let out an airy chuckle. Grayson, still couldn't understand why her only real family would hate her. "Because.....I killed our parents"

After mavis said that she expected Grayson to be utterly disgusted with her. That he would push her off his lap and want nothing to do with her ever again.

Grayson was a little taken aback. 'What did she mean 'killed her parent'?' He thought to himself.

"Elaborate, please?" He asked softly clearing his throat.

"Uh" 'He wants me to continue?' Mavis thought. This made her trust him more so she decided to give him the whole story.

"I was born on my sisters birthday, which started the resentment. My mom died giving birth to me and my dad became an alcoholic because I took the light of his life away from him, his words exactly by the way" tears pooled in her eyes as she talked and Grayson's heart broke for her.

"Then he died of alcohol poisoning, which was also my fault. Me and Stacy got put into foster care and she had a chance to get into a really good home but they were set on keeping siblings together so I got me and Stacy stuck here, with a man that drinks all our money away and a woman who doesn't give a fuck about us" she was full on crying now. Mavis had never talked to anyone else, but Jeff, about this and she felt good honestly.

"Mavis-" Grayson tried but was quickly cut off by Mavis.

"Stacy hates me because I killed our parents and ruined our lives, and she won't let a day go by without reminding me" she sobbed.

"Shhh" Grayson hugged her smoothing down her hair.

"None of that is your fault, your mom isn't your fault, and your dad definitely isn't your fault. Stacy is being completely unfair, you were a child you had no control over anything"

Grayson POV

I looked into her sad eyes as she cried.

"The fact that you and your sister got put into a shitty foster home isn't your fault" I hugged her tightly as she sobbed into my shoulder, soaking my shirt; but that was the last thing on my mind.

I was beyond angry right now. At her dad at Stacy. I mean what kind of father says that to his own child, like if mavis actually wanted to cause any harm. And Stacy who's her last living family member, should be there for her. Protect her, they're suppose to be super close. But all she does is treat her like crap and tell her hurtful things.

We sat there for a while. I played with her hair as she sat cuddled up on me. I looked at the time on my phone and notice it was six thirty. We've been sitting here for two hours.

"Mavy" I whispered because she had fallen asleep. She hummed in response.

"As much as I want to stay here with you it's six thirty and we need to eat" she sat up rubbing her tired eyes.

"Wait, what time is it?" She asked tiredly.

"Six thirty four"

"Fuck!" She suddenly yelled. "I need to get home" she started scrambling to get her things.

"Hey, Hey, chill I got you I'll take you home in my car" I chuckled. She got up sighing.

————————
Later that night......

Jeff POV

The rain tapped on my window as I texted Emily from science class. She was pretty freaky.

I know what you're thinking, 'really Jeff another girl'. I have my reasons, okay. It's all to get my mind off of HER.

"Uh Jeff" my sister Avalon appeared in the doorway of my room. She wasn't looking at me which was something she did when she was nervous.

"What's up sis?" I asked worriedly.

"Mavis is here" she pointed behind her as she fiddled with the wood on the doorway.

I got up from my bed making my way towards the doorway. I opened the door to reveal a soaked Mavis.

"May, what are you doing here it's eleven pm?" I asked bringing her inside. Once she was inside I noticed she had a developing bruise on her cheek, her lip had a cut and she had a big red ring around her neck in the shape of fingers.

Jared.