5

Chapter 5
Mavis POV
"What were you thinking!?" Stacy whispered yelled at me once we were inside.

"I was on a date" I mumbled looking down.

"Do you want to anger Jared and Mary Jane?" She referred to our foster parents as she stepped closer to me. I shook my head no. "God I can't wait to turn 18 so I can leave you and this hell hole" she spat before going upstairs. I closed my eyes so the tears wouldn't fall, she hated me so much and honestly I didn't blame her.
———
Monday morning

"Hey" Jeff greeted happily as I organized my locker. 

I ignored him.

"Hello?" Jeff waved his hands to see if I'd respond. Still I ignored him, he left me on Saturday.

"Look if this is about Saturday, I'm sorry. But you and gray looked like you were having a great time and I couldn't exactly sleep with Victoria in my car with you 50 feet away" he sighed. All of a sudden I felt selfish, he's right. He had a date that night too, hookup or not he can't plan his life around me.

"I'm sorry" I mumbled.

"Hey, no it's fine, I should've texted you before leaving" he apologized.

"No, you shouldn't decline a potential suitor for me, remember what happened last time" I gave him a sad look.

A while back Jeff started dating this girl, Lisa. He really liked her and she really liked him. They were so happy together they went on dates and even met each others families. But Lisa was very jealous of Jeff and I's relationship; so she gave him a ultimatum. Either me or her, Jeff being the loyal friend he is chose me even after I told him not to. And since then his love life had been full of Cassie's and Victoria's.

"Lisa was wrong for making me choose, but that's in the past; stop feeling bad okay?" He insisted. I nodded even though I still feel like complete shit for being the reason that he broke up with the love of his life.

"So how'd it go with Grayson?" He asked as we began walking to my first class. I bit my lip and smiled up at him.

"So good?" He returned the smile. I nodded.

"YOU WHORE!!" We heard a girl yell from further down the hall, followed by a loud slap that made me flinch. I gave Jeff confused look before he took my hand leading me to the commotion.

We pushed through the group to be faced by Cassie from English and Victoria from Spanish fighting. They weren't very good though, all they were doing was pulling each others hair while failing at kicking each other.

"Fuck I totally forgot to tell Cassie we were done!" Jeff lightly slapped the side of his head. I gave him a 'really' look. I pushed him a little so he could split up the.......it's not really a fight, so I guess the squabble?

"Ladies! Ladies! Chill out there's enough Jeffery Davis to go around" Jeff smirked confidently. I face palmed at his stupidity. The girls started yelling and pushing him.

I looked at my phone noticing that the bell was about to ring.

"Gotta blast!" I mouthed towards Jeff who was currently trying to calm the angry women down. He gave me a 'help me' look but I just smiled and waved as I walked away.

—————

Lunch rolled around fairly quickly, I was low key excited to see Grayson after Saturday.

"I can't believe you left me there" Jeff whined for the tenth time as we sat at his lunch table.

"No one told you to hoe around" I giggled.

"I love that giggle" a deep voice said from next to me. I looked to the side to see a smirking Grayson. I gave him a smile.

"C'mon we really back to this silence shït?" He whined pouting playfully.

"No" I giggled quietly, Nothing was funny he just made me feel so giddy inside.

"God, I love the sound of your voice" he whispered, once he realized he said that out loud he clamped his hand over his mouth; his cheeks turning a light shade of pink.

"Thank you" I blushed.

"So would you like to get frozen yogurt after school?" He asked biting into his PB & J.

"Sure" I bit my lip, which made Grayson's breath hitch for some reason.

"Jeff I need to pee" I whispered in his ear.

"C'mon I need to get something from the vending machine too" he said as he dusted his hands to get rid of the crumbs from the cookie he was eating a moment ago.

I entered the terribly lit bathroom that smelled of urine and bleach, I entered one of the stalls and did my business. As I was washing my hands some girls entered.

"Hey there" the blonde one said. She was tan and had killer legs. I just smiled hoping she wouldn't continue talking to me.

"So you and Grayson Dolan, huh?" She asked facing the mirror. She held out her hand to one of her friends who quickly pulled out a dark red lip stick placing it in her hand.

My eyes widened. How did she know about that? Is he talking about me? Oh my god! No! Grayson has a shit ton of friends! That's so much attention!

"Fair warning hun" she said softly then walked over to me placing a hand on my shoulder causing me to flinch. I don't like strange people touching me. She shrugged it off.

"Grayson will break your heart, he is a cheater and a liar. Take it from someone who's been in your shoes, he only wants what's in your pants and once he has it he's gone; just like that" she snapped her fingers making me jump slightly. With that she gave me wide smile and exited the bathroom; her friends scurrying right behind her.

I immediately started freaking out. Was Grayson really like that? Or was she just trying to get in my head? She seemed really nice though? Should I ask him? What if I don't get the answer I want? I should've never talked to him; I should've known I was going to get hurt again.

I exited the bathroom meeting Jeff at the vending machines that weren't far away.

"What took you so long?" He asked eating a Dorito. I shrugged as we walked back into the lunch room.

Grayson POV

"Hey" I smiled excitedly at mavis as she sat down. "I was thinking that after yogurt we can go to the movies because I really want to the black panther I heard that it's amaz-"

I stopped talking once I realized she was paying more attention to her jello then she was me.

"Mavy?" I touched her arm, causing her to flinch and move closer to Jeff. What the fuck?

"Are you mad at me?" I moved closer to her, but she jumped up grabbing her bag before scurrying out of the lunchroom.

"What did you say to her?" Jeff said anger laced in his voice.

"N-nothing" I answered confused as to what I did to make her upset.

Jeff just scoffed and followed her.

                 What did I do?