Distrust

"I'm sorry about how I was acting last time...I was...I was just.." Stella was cut off by Bloom, who wore a sly smirk on her face. "Mad?" 

"Yeah...I was just...really really upset about what had happened last week. I mean, sure, what Jared said was pretty harsh, but you know...we're still friends, so we should understand each other. Especially now, since all of this has been happening a whole too much..." Stella said, rubbing her arm. 

Bloom placed a hand on her shoulder. "Stella. There's no reason for anyone to get mad at you. It's understandable that you would be upset by all of this. We're upset too, so there's no need for you to feel like you're the one to blame" 

Stella at her friend's words. "Thanks Bloom"

Bloom nodded as a response. "To be honest with you, Stella? You've changed a lot since we've visited the Scolacians. Did something happen?"

The solar fairy let out a laugh. "Wooh, well. It's a long story really..."

Bloom smiled. "Oh? I'd love to hear it"

Stella then let out an excited giggle. "If you insist..then alright!"

---

Musa and Aisha sat on a bench outside Alfea, looking rather gloomy. Musa let out a sigh as she slouched on the seat. Then Aisha did the same. "You know, Musa?"

The music fairy turned to her. "Hm? Yeah?" 

"...I sort of regret snapping out like that, you know...what happened last week?" The water fairy said, looking at the music fairy. Musa, gave her the same look as she responded. "You can't really blame yourself though, Jared was the one who spoke up first..." 

Then Musa paused. She let out a nervous laugh. "Oh no..it feels weird saying 'Jared' and mentioning him, especially when I've met another Jared before"

Aisha laughed. "Yeah, and the Jared who you met first is WAAAY different from the one from Earth" 

Musa giggled at her friend's comment. "Yeah..the first Jared is all shy and sweet, while the second one is..."

She paused.

"..cold" Both of the fairies spoke at the same time, before they both laughed.

---

Flora knocked on Tecna's door. "Hey Tecna? Is it alright if I come in?"

There was silence, but after a second or so, Tecna responded. "...Uh..sure! Come right in"

The nature fairy turned the door knob and pushed the door open. There she saw Tecna sitting on one of the chairs, reading the book Headmistress Faragonda had given them. Flora approached her and sat next to her as the technology fairy continued to read. 

"What are you reading about, Tec?" Flora spoke up. Her friend looked at her, before looking back at the page she was reading on. "I'm just...rechecking anything we didn't hear from Jared's...'confession' last week.."

Flora could sense the coldness in her voice. "...why?" The nature fairy asked confusedly.

Tecna turned to the next page. "Because I no longer trust them, Flora"

That made Flora raise an eyebrow. "Huh?"

---

Stella was heading up the stairway after she and Bloom had a little walk and chit-chat down Alfea's garden and courtyard. She passed by Tecna's dorm and noticed the doorway was cracked a little open. But that was not what caused her to eavesdrop.

"Because I no longer trust them, Flora" 

 The solar fairy gave herself a confused look on her face. "Trust who?"

---

"I actually thought that I could trust them, especially Aaron and Kitchi. They've been sharing a lot of stuff with me, mostly stuff that were in common with all of us..." Tecna explained, as her eyes moved from paragraph to paragraph on the page she was on. "But...alas. Things aren't always as they seem"

Flora looked at the technology fairy confusedly, but did not say anything. 

"...I've had my doubts ever since the beginning. Ever since they've first visited Alfea" Tecna said, flipping through pages. "I...I can't really explain why though...I just have this weird feeling about them.." 

"Think about it, Flora. Didn't their behavior seem strange when they first came here?" Tecna asked the nature fairy. Flora looked down before she answered. "Well...uh..not really...but I did notice Jared not really interacting much...oh, and..Kat was a little bit strange too..." 

Tecna raised an eyebrow. "Kat?"

Flora nodded, intertwining her fingers. "Whenever I'm talking to Muchi, she'd always interrupt us. And she would always snatch her away and claw out at anyone who goes near her, you know, like a cat" Flora let out a giggle. "Pun intended"

Tecna let out a nervous laugh. "Yeah...haha...like a cat..." But then, the technology fairy paused. "Like...a cat?"

Flora noticed Tecna space out as her friend stared out into nothing. "Helloo, Tecna?" She waved her hand infront of the technology fairy's face. That's what snapped Tecna out of it. "Huh? Oh, sorry..must've spaced out"

"I should probably let you to your own thing..." Flora excused herself, and quickly approached the door before exiting the room. Tecna just watched her leave before she continued back onto reading her book.

---

Stella quickly ran and tried to not be seen by Flora, who just exited the room. She looked over her shoulder and saw Flora heading the opposite direction. 

"...ooh..I feel kinda bad eavesdropping...but, seriously?" Stella whispered to herself. "Tecna still doubts the Scolacians?" 

"I mean, sure, they kept a few secrets from us here and there, but wow..."

"...and...sure..it was THEIR feline Liath who.." Stella looked down as she made her way through the empty hallways. "..who killed someone..."

"Maybe...Tecna could be right...or wrong...? Gah! I don't know!" Stella crossed her arms and shut her eyes closed. Why did things have to go wrong for everyone?

"I trust them! But...somehow, I don't too...Ugh! Why is this so confusing?!" Stella began to pull her hair, but then realized what she was doing. "Ugh, I just fixed my hair this morning" She began brushing her blonde hair straight down again.

The solar fairy then made her way again down the hall until she saw the flight of stairs. "Should I go and ask Bloom for any advice?" She asked herself.

"No...no..it'll just make her worried...wait."

Stella snapped her fingers. "Daphne!"