Dead of Night

After switching off the light, Muchi gathered up all the stuff she previously had got from the cabinet and made her way back to the other two, who were still resting on the floor. Once she climbed up the small staircase that led back to the hallway where David and Kat sat, she saw David sound asleep curled up into a ball. Kat, however was still wide awake. She sat with one leg resting on the floor and her other leg was supporting her wounded arm.

"Hey.." Muchi said softly, loud enough that Kat slowly turned to face her before giving her a smile. Stepping closer to her, Muchi sat close beside her, taking the two blankets she had in her arms and giving one to Kat. Thanking her, Kat took the blanket and spreaded it out. 

Muchi had the other blanket, placing it over the still sleeping David, who didn't stir.

"Where's yours?" Kat asked, questioning the small girl who had no covering. Muchi shrugged, sighing. "I only managed to find two. But it's okay. I don't mind the cold" Muchi leaned against the wall, crossing her arms. Her head was turned away from the girl beside her, so that gave Kat an opportunity to look at Muchi.

"..." Deep down, Kat remembered what she and Keisha had said when they were in Magix. When they were in the forest that surrounded Alfea, she had told Keisha that she no longer liked Muchi...as in a romantic way, and a friend way. But she regretted those word that came out of her mouth. 

The older woman let out a defeated sigh. She knew Muchi had known of her certain crush on her, and it felt really awkward between the two girls. But, still. Kat cared a lot for Muchi, she cared about all of her friends. Even though Muchi had been distant from her, she respected the shorter girl and kept a decent space away from her once in a while, unlike before when she would always hugged Muchi and invade her personal space.

"...hey Muchi..." The dark-haired woman spoke up, catching the attention of the small girl. Kat took the blanket off her, and tossed it over the brunette. Muchi was about to speak, but Kat had cut her off, by shaking her head.

"You're more fragile than me. Don't worry. And besides, you already did all the work in getting these things here. Just take it" 

Muchi reluctantly took the blanket, but she gave Kat a warm smile. "Thanks.." 

The older woman smiled back. "..No problem..."

Turning away, opposite from Kat, Muchi curled up into a ball, just like how David was positioned, and let herself drift away into sleep. Kat's smile began to fade from her face as she stared at Muchi.

Still, she loved her deep down.

A loud thud and the creaking sound of the door opening interrupted Kat from her thoughts. She defensively stood up and was about to charge towards the person opening the door but stopped just in time. She heard a yelp come from Seth as Keisha flicked on the light switch inside the room. 

Kat stepped back and cleared her throat. Seth was clutched to Harry, still in shock. Harry on the other hand was confused as hell. Keisha stared at the two sides before she flicked the light switch back off so she wouldn't wake up their sleeping guests, which in the part of the winx and specialists were out on the floor.

"Fuck, Kat!" Seth said in a hushed tone. "Ye almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Get off me.." Harry sigh, looking down at Seth, before he parted away from him, flustered and embarrassed. 

"What are you doing here?" Keisha asked. Kat looked around before answering her. "We were keeping watch. But what are you three still doing up?" 

Keisha looked at Seth and Harry. "We were just heading out"

"Where?" Kat raised an eyebrow.

"Town" Seth responded.

Kat looked at the three of them, but instead of an authority figure, like she should be, she instead asked if she could come with them. 

"What about these two?" Harry pointed at Muchi and David, who were sound alseep.

"We'll be back by dawn anyway, Harry. They'll never know we left" Seth rested his arm on the taller man's shoulder, smirking.

"So...you're coming or not?" Keisha asked Kat. The taller woman let out a chuckle before nodding. 

"Why not"

---

Sneaking out at night wasn't uncommon in Scola. Some older students would often go out in the field in their gliding gear so they can get fresh air, or so they can practice efficiently without anyone bothering them. But for the Warrior Unit on the other hand, what their night routine would usually be is that they head to the town after using their gear to take them through the seeming never ending field. Then they'd often just go to late-night stores and buy snacks and drinks. 

However there was one time the Warrior Unit got caught. When they were inside a store, buying some noodles so they could have a midnight snack, they were unaware that the three top ranked, highest of all teachers, were also having their own agendas.

It just so happened that the two groups bumped into each other. 

Before leaving the barricaded areas, four of the Scolacians stood at the edge of the wall, allowing the cold breeze to flow past them. All of them had their gear on.

"You guys better stay out of trouble. I may be the most rebellious of the Astute Unit, but I'm still in charge of keeping watch of everyone" Kat said sternly. "That means--"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. No messing around. No funny bussiness, no nothin bad. We know" Seth rolled his eyes. Kat sighed at her friend's response.

"You know I hate having to go through the same trouble from before" Kat stated, starting to get irritated and a little angry. "All of you remember, don't you?" 

Seth scoffed. "Seth, just stop and listen to her already" Harry said in defense. "We remember, Kat. Sorry..." He gave the older woman an apologetic look.

Kat crossed her arms, but gave up on being angry at the three of them. Uncrossing her arms, Kat got ready to take off with her gear. "Then let's head out"

Harry, Keisha, and Seth agreed and got ready themselves. 

All at the same time, the four of them jumped off the edge.

The moment the were just a few meters off the ground, all four of them activated their gears and off they went gliding through the field, causing a gust of wind to brush past the grass below them.