Previously

"She's telling the truth"

The door creaked shut althought none of the people inside have noticed. Either that they were too busy talking in conversation, or they were too bothered to even care. On the other side of the door, was the Astute Unit. Or so called, the Order of Justice.

They were keeping an eye out on the Warrior Unit and the others. Three of the members decided to stay to keep watch, while the other three left as the sun was beginning to set. 

David, who was one of the members that stayed to keep watch, sat on the floor near the wall. On the opposite of him was Muchi and Kat, both of them being the ones who were in charge of watching the people inside the room. 

The hallway where they sat was dark, no light was illuminating the place. The only light source that was available was from the room they had shut closed and the light could be seen from the door crack. 

"...so.." David tried striking up a conversation from the two. "...how's your arm, Kat...?" 

"Bad, but not infected...that's fortunate" Kat said in a cold tone, but she wasn't particularly angry at David. "...it'll take a couple of weeks to heal, or even months from how deep the cut was made..." 

The tall boy fixed his glasses, looking down. "...sorry bout' that.."

Kat shook her head slowly, not taking her eyes off him. "..it's fine. In fact..you're the reason why I wasn't decapitated by a naive specialist in the first place" 

"Kat please.." Muchi spoke up, not wanting the other to hear them. "...can't you just forgive them already? They were just confused.."

The taller woman's eyes dart towards the shorter girl, but she made no comment. In fact, she didn't even want to speak in the first place. Her arm was stinging from the cut, and not to mention coming back after a tiring expedition to save some folks in the forest area.

"...wonder where Jared and the others are" David decided on changing the topic to avoid any awkward silence. "You guys have any idea?"

Kat glanced up at him, but lowered her head back down. Muchi shook her head, as to answer her friend's question. "Aaron told me that they have to continue monitoring their daily attendances. But lucky for us, we're off the hook for today, and tomorrow since we're the ones who will keep charge of the others until they get back home"

"Perfect." David sighed, bringing his knees up to his chest so he could rest his head on them.

Muchi  glanced to her side and saw Kat poking her wound a bit. "Hey, don't touch it!" She said sternly.

"Why not" The taller woman asked bluntly, not looking at Muchi. 

"Because you're just making it worse!" Muchi argued back, catching David's attention as he looked at the two of them in confusion.

Muchi scootched closer to her taller friend, gently placing her hand on her arm. "If it helps, can I..."

"...." Kat raised an eyebrow at her. "...you're gonna use Tai Chi on me?" 

Embarrassed, Muchi turns away from her, letting go of her arm. 

Kat looked at her, feeling a little guilty from sounding too intimidating. 

Extending out her arm, and lightly hitting Muchi's back with it, she said one word that made Muchi turn around. "Go"

David watched in silence as Muchi took Kat's arm, and placed her other hand on the wounded area. Once her hand made contact with the wound, Kat had to bite her cheek to avoid flinching. But she did however dig her fingernails onto the wall that they both sat beside with.

Muchi shut her eyes tight, and concentrated.

A minute has passed. Then another. And more minutes have passed, but nothing. All Muchi got was a little blood on her hand once she took her hand off Kat's arm. The wound was still there, a little blood was smeared on her skin.

"..." Muchi looked at it in disappointment.

"...hey...it's no problem...at least..you tried?" Kat tried to sound encouraging. Muchi looked up at her and smiled. "..I guess..."

David looked around. "Hey uh..Muchi..I got a little cut on my finger..."

"Suck it up already" Kat said, resting her eyes as she leaned against the wall. "It's not that bad"

David scoffed. "Whatever"

Muchi shook her head at the two of them, giggling to herself. Looking out the window that was at the end of the hall, she saw the sun was nearly set. 

Standing up, Muchi crept her way down the hallway, being careful not to disturb Kat or David as they both rested. She made her way down a few steps that led to another hallway mostly filled with cabinets. She opened one of them to take out some blankets, and on the top shelf, she managed to reach for some bandages and medicine.

Just as she was grabbing a bottle of medicine, she accidentally knocked over another bottle than fell off the shelf and rolled across the hall.

Letting out a tired sigh, she placed down the stuff she got and went to look for a light switch. 

---

"Anything to report in, Jared?" 

A group of six individuals walked down the dirt path as night was beginning to take place. Jared, Kitchi, and Aaron were with three other people who were quite taller than them and were more quicker in walking than them.

"Nothing so far, Ma'am" Jared answered back respectfully. "Everything...is still pretty much the same around here"

"How about you two?" One of the people accompanying them asked. 

"We're all clear, sir. Nothing to report in so far" Kitchi inquired. 

Passing by the cabin that the other three Astute Unit members and the others were resting in, six of the notice the light was on in one of the windows. Jared manages to spot Muchi in the window as she's carrying what it seems to be blankets and some other supplies.

"Should we check up on them?" He asked the three adult figures.

"No need for that, Jared. I'm sure she's alright. You three can check up on them later if you still have some errands to run" The third person said, in a gentle tone.

"We must head back to our headquarters to continue our work. Can you three handle your duties still?" 

"We're still in shape, pretty much. We'll make it through. Have a good night, sir, and Ma'ams!" Kitchi said, as the three of them watched the other three figures make their way down the path.

Kitchi turned to the two guys and let out a sigh. "You guys still busy?"

Aaron shook his head, "I'm good. I still have a few more tasks to handle, but otherwise, I'm free later on" 

The two of them turned to Jared, who was staring at the cabin window, just as the light switched off.

"Scola to Jared, are you there" Aaron raised his eyebow. Jared turned to face the both of them, giving them a little glare. 

"Yeah, yeah...I'm...I'm still pretty packed with..things to do" Jared said slowly. "...so I can't really come with you guys later on..." 

"Oh.." Kitchi and Aaron looked at each other in disappointment. "That's fine.."

"I'll see you two in the morning..." Jared began walking off, but not before giving two of his friends a little wave goodbye.