Serpent in the grass

Around two in the morning, the princess of Solaria was now sound asleep in her bed, with Bloom as her companion on another bed that was next to hers. The blonde lay underneath her covers and her head was lying against a soft pillow. Her face was red and wet from crying the whole night, and her pillow was drenched with sweat and tears. Bloom was half-asleep, she lay on her bed facing Stella's bed, where her best friend slept soundly. 

The dragon flame holder felt a slight breeze brush past her, looking out at the open window. She slowly lifted herself up from her sleeping position and got up from the bed. Making her way towards the window, Bloom could hear Stella murmur some things in her sleep. They sounded a bit worrying, so Bloom quickly closed the window and went to her friend's side in a split second.

Now Bloom could hear what Stella's been murmuring clearly. Stella had been crying again in her sleep, tears were rolling down from her closed eyes. The blonde clutched her blanket with her hands tightly, trying to cover her head with it.

Just before Bloom could wake her friend up, she froze. When Stella's head reappeared from under the blanket, her eyes were open and were red and sore from her crying.

"Bloom?"

The fairy stayed still. "Stella...you've been..."

"I was crying, wasn't I..?" Stella croaked. How many times must she cry? Stella thought to herself.

Bloom slightly nodded.

"Ugh!" The blonde fairy let out a groan, placing her hands over her head. "I can't keep doing this!!"

Stella grit her teeth. "I can't keep acting like this!!"

"Stella...shh..calm down first. We'll figure something out" Bloom said in a comforting manner.

"I appreciate everything you've been doing, Bloom, I really do. But.." Stella slowly got up from her bed. "...this is something I need to handle. Alone" The solar fairy said.

"You can't do this alone. You'll need help-"

"I know I can't do this alone. But I have to try. I need to talk to my parents" Stella said, as she stood. "They know the whole story. And I need to know it"

"Stella, listen. It doesn't matter if you're the only one involved in this. If you're going to get hurt, then I'd never forgive myself for not being there. I may have gotten myself involved back in Scola, but I've learned my lesson. Please, Stell. Don't do this alone..." The dragon flame fairy said in a tone that gave Stella chills. Bloom looked hurt by now, her eyes were glossy and wet.

"...I.." Stella looked down at the floor. "I don't...I don't know, Bloom"

"You're my best friend Stella. You're one of the Winx. Someone's gotta be there for you" Bloom told the blonde.

Stella smiled slightly. "...that..that is true..." 

"Okay. We meet up with my parents tomorrow morning...or in a few hours..." 

---

Back in Alfea, the former holder of the Dragon Flame, Daphne, stood in the library, looking around for something. Her eyes scanned the shelves, upwards, downwards, pretty much all around the whole room till she finally gave up and decided to take a break.

Stepping out the library, Daphne made her way down the hallway, heading to the main doors that led to the outside of the college. 

She scanned the whole area, and saw black patches of smoked concrete that took the shape of two giant beings. The Alfean staff managed to get rid of the scorched remains of the samsons that have fought days before.

While Daphne was scanning, the sound of heels clicking against the pavement interrupted her from her thoughts as she was approached by Ms. Griselda, who didn't look to happy. Well not at her, to say the least. In fact, the strict fairy had a very grave and stressed expression on her face.

"Are the Winx back yet, if I may ask?" The college's disciplinary officer asked sternly, with a bit of irritation in her voice.

"I'm afraid not, Ms. Griselda. But they've only been gone for a few days?" Daphne said, slightly confused. "Why do you ask, Miss?"

"I've recieved...rather...unfortunate news from Headmistress Faragonda, that Linphea and Melody have been raided by those...liaths, or whatever you may call them." Ms. Griselda answered with a dignified tone to her voice.

The hair on Daphne's neck stood up upon hearing that statement. 

"She says the Trix are behind the ruckus. They've moved on to another dimension, but we still don't know which dimension. They could possibly be heading for Domino...no no, they could be on their way to Andros..or Zenith-" 

Daphne cleared her throat, just as she noticed that Ms. Griselda had began mumbling to herself.

"...did Headmistress Faragonda try contacting the Winx?" 

Ms. Griselda shook her head sharply. "No one, not even the headmistress could find a stable connection on Earth wherein we could contact Scola. That is where the Winx are, am I correct?"

Daphne pursed her lips together. "...not all of them are there."

Griselda raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"..." Daphne looked at Ms. Griselda in the eye. "Bloom and Stella are still in Solaria."

---

Just as the sun rose, Stella and Bloom were already up by that time and were on their feet, heading their way to the throne room to see Stella's parents. But the moment they entered, only the king sat on his throne. Queen Luna was nowhere to be seen. 

"Dad?" Stella called out to him, as she and Bloom made their way through the doors. 

"Where's mom?"

King Radius looked up, his head rested on his hand. "Oh...Stella dear..your mother is still resting in her room, and she won't be up until later."

"....oh.." Stella mumbled. Radius noticed Stella look down and decided to strike up a conversation to cut the silence of the empty throne room.

"..do you want me to go get her for you?"

Stella shook her head immediately. "No! No..don't disturb her. She needs her rest. I was...I was just gonna ask the both of you something...something about what happened all those years ago..." 

King Radius froze for a second. He looked nervous, and hesitated in responding.

"Dad?"

"..Stella." Radius stood up from his throne and approached his daughter slowly.

He placed his hand on her shoulder, as he guided her and himself towards the throne room's entrance. "I think this talk should be taken outside for now."

Stella glanced at Bloom, who awkwardly stood behind them. She looked up at them, and smiled nervously.

"Can Bloom come with us?" Stella asked.

The king looked at the red-haired fairy, then at Stella. He nodded his head.

"Why not. Come along with us, Bloom" Radius offered to the Dragon Flame holder.