Salvage

After numerous tries of slicing open the cervix of the Liath, it only healed itself back up. Blood splattered everywhere as Tecna's persistent attempts on killing the liath continued on. But the beast payed no attention to her, it just continued to chomp down into the meat of the dead horse.

After hitting its nape one last time, the hoe flew out of the fairy's hands. It then got stuck between two of the ceiling boards. 

Tecna let out a scream of desperation as she tried calming herself down. When she got to her senses, she turned her head to see a little boy.

The fairy gasped. What was a kid doing here?

Cautiously walking towards the boy, and away from the liath, she tensed up looking at the dead carcass in the liath's hands

---

Tecna quickly ran out of the house, holding the boy in one hand. They made their way towards the mustang, where its reins were tied to a post. Untying them, Tecna tried comforting the kid, despite her not so good with kids in general. But the boy was silent, until they were outside.

"Why?" He muttered.

Tecna turned around, holding the reins. "Huh? Why?" She questioned to herself quickly. The mustang let out a whine, alerting Tecna to try and keep it still. 

"Don't worry, it'll be fine!" Tecna tried to comfort the kid, turning away from the mustang. But that led to a grave mistake. The mustang took off while Tecna had her back turned.

When she realized, the fairy immediately let out a cry and panicked. She tried going after it, trying to call after it. She desperately yelled for the mustang to come back, but that did no good to the both of them.

"...you fairies don't have to save me.."

Tecna quickly turned to face the boy. "I'll find a way out of this, don't worry!" She said, but that was a lie. Tecna had no idea what to do now. She couldn't use magic, she doesn't even have any weapons to defend herself. But all her thoughts were interrupted when the both of them heard the sound of heavy slow footsteps make their way towards the door.

Tecna let out a gasp. 

Slowly making its way out of the door, the liath got on its two back legs, as if it was a large wolf that was standing up like a human. Blood was stained on its fur, from its last meal it has had.

The technology fairy desperately looked around, and her eyes darted at another tree stump. There, a bow and a few arrows layed ontop of it.

Following her insticts, Tecna grabbed them as quick as possible as she grabbed the boy's hand. She took off running out of the village and down the dirt path.

"You're going to be okay, just keep following me!" Tecna said to the boy, sweat pouring down her forehead. They both ran down the dirt path, with the forest just up ahead.