Ch. 1

"Babe I'm about to leave for work." Marcus softly said as he sat next to me on the bed.

"It's 5:30, why do you need to leave so early today.." I groaned pulling his on his suit jacket and him following on to the bed next to me.

"The team got called out to Colorado for a case, the plane leaves at 7. I'll be home tomorrow night for dinner.. I promise." He kissed me before pulling himself off of the bed.

"Be careful, I love you.." I pouted while watching him grab his bag from the floor and start for the bedroom door.

"Always baby, I love you too." He said as the door softly shut behind him.

I guess this is what I get for being with and FBI agent..

I tossed and turned for the next hour trying to get myself back to sleep, but sleeping without him in the bed is so foreign to me... Even though it seems he's gone more than not. When my alarm started to go off at 6:30 I pulled myself from bed and into the en suite bathroom in our apartment. I flicked on the shower and waited patiently for the water to get warm, once it was to my liking I hopped and basked in the warm hug that was the water pouring over me.

I was just about to hop in my car and head to my restaurant when my cell started to ring.

"Hello this is AJ"

"Hi Miss. James, this is Courtney from Foodie Magazine."

My Jaw dropped, I forgot about my interview with them this morning.

"We are wondering if you were still coming down for your interview? We thought it was Scheduled for 8."

"Of course, I mistakenly written it down for nine. I'm on my way down see you soon dear."

I lied about the time.

"Perfect."

I hung up and went flying out of the parking garage like a bat out of hell.

I made it to the Magazine headquarters at 9 o'clock on the dot. I threw my keys to the valet driver as I grabbed my bag from the back seat. The magazines building would be quite intimidating to me if I wasn't rushing my way through it up to the 13th floor. I got to the floor only to be bombarded by four receptionists trying to prove that they deserved more out the job that they currently held. Each of them asking what they could do for me, from taking the coat I wasn't even wearing to offering me coffee when I had one in hand.

"Miss James." A women in the shortest skirt I'd ever seen worn in an office said to be.

"Hello!" I exclaimed reaching my hand out to her, she shook my hand and continued.

"I'm Courtney, we spoke on the phone earlier." She smiled and lead me down a hallway of office with glass walls.

"Yes we did, I am sorry for the mix-up." I apologized.

"Oh dear, no worries. It seemed to work better for Alec's schedule anyway."

"I thought I was interviewing with Daisy?" I questioned..

Alec is way higher up in this industry compared to Daisy whom I thought I was meeting.

"That was the original plan, but Alec is intrigued with your work and wants to do it himself." She nonchalantly said as she pulled open a door of an office much bigger than the rest.

"You may take a seat wherever you feel comfortable Miss. James." She said, before leaving and letting the door close behind her.

This office is immaculate. Everything in here was either white, perfectly unblemished or glass with not a single finger print. I was almost nervous to spill my coffee on something in here.