Ch 35

I will be posting my regular updates on Monday's from now on. For a double update on Friday, get this chapter to 10 votes or 10 comments!

______________________________________

Leo Rossi

"Adaline are you ready?" I called into the bathroom where she was still getting ready to go to court.

It seemed as she came walking out of the bathroom as I said that, she is always so beautiful.

"Is this okay to wear?" She asked as she spun around in black one piece long leg thing and a blazer of sorts.

"Yes Adaline, you look beautiful." I walked over and kissed her.

"Love birds, do you have the photos and such." Alec asked as he barged into our bedroom.

I turned to Adaline as her face flipped from a smile to a somber look. She turned and grabbed a folder off of the counter.. This folder had every single picture she still had from her relationship with Marcus, that showed evidence of abuse. Medical records, photos she had Cat take and wouldn't tell her the honest truth of what had happened. I am just thankful that she has the pictures.

She handed them to Alec and he gave her a look of remorse. None of us know how she feels however we all know Marcus will hopefully be in jail until he dies.

"We should probably head out." Alec said.

"Is Catalina joining us?" I questioned the two.

"I hope so." Adaline mumbled, grabbing my hand.

"She will be meeting us there, we have to go talk to the lawyers. I thought it was best for her not to get as wrapped up in this as we are." Alec said, patting Adelines back and leading us out of the room.

"Thank you Alec."

We walked behind him down the stairs, hand in hand.

___________________________________________

It seems as if the day had flown by, the day in court was a lot of discovery of the evidence calling witnesses to the stands and having Adaline go up and be questioned profusely by Marcus's lawyer. They called her a liar and tried to break her down but her evidence was to solid on him, witnesses on her side. There will be a few more days in court before they will give the final verdict.

However, it is seeming the jury will more than likely favor with Adaline and myself. I haven't been called onto the stands yet. I am assuming I will be called up within the next few days. None of this will be easy on Adaline or me.. Let alone all of my men that will be thrown into jail because of this. This will be the largest group of my men picked up in a run in a long time. My father would be rolling in the grave seeing me do this to them..

"Hey, Leo I think we should go talk." Alec came up behind me in the kitchen.

I spin my head slightly confused. What could he be needing to talk to me about, he better not have done something dumb to end up in jail. Adaline gave me a look as if telling me to go talk to him. Therefore I followed him out to the back patio near the pool.

"Alec what did you do, you look like a sad dog." I sounded off as he shut the door.

"Pfft what? What did I do? More like what are you going to do?" He chirped back at me.

"What do you mean."

"A week ago you were telling me that you want Ada to leave you, you cannot leave her during this. Cat flat out told me she would leave with her if you did that to her." He walked toward me.

That is crazy that Cat would tell him she would leave if I left Ada.

"Well that is not happening anymore.. I brought her to the park, and tried to do it." I paused

"But she just talked me out of it, I can really see that she loves me.. I know that I love her in a crazy way and she loves my crazy ass back somehow." I stopped again.

"So you two are working things out?" Alec stepped back from me.

"Well yes."

"What aren't you telling me." He knew I was holding back.

"Well... I kind of proposed to Adaline." I stuttered.

"YOU WHAT?!" He pushed my shoulders in what seemed like excitement.

"She said no." I muttered.

"Holy fuck that is great." He laughed.

"How is that funny? I looked at him.

"She has been telling you no since we have met her. I find it rather funny that she is the only one to ever tell you no. Mariana never even said no to you, I think it is crazy that you have managed to find someone who is more stubborn than you." He chuckled.

"It is not a joke, I was being serious when I proposed and she had the audacity to tell me no." I was rather heated.

"Leo, you have known her for five months. She was with Marcus for years and years and wasn't even close to marrying him. She is probably the most independent girl in the world. Her father was gone early in her life, she has been doing a lot on her own the last few years." He stated.

"I suppose you may have a fair point, I will marry her eventually Alec."

"I know you will. We all know it, the men have been talking about it since they saw your behavior since she came into all of our lives. Cat talks about it.. Damn I am sure Ada talks about it." He paused.

"We all know you two work together, your crazy stubborn asses are perfect for each other. However I know she has goals for her life and being tied up and stuck in this city will not help, she will continue to travel to her restaurants and you will have to trust that she will come back to you."

Adaline James

"What do you think they're talking about out there?" Marcie whispered to me as she was sweeping up the kitchen.

"Well I have a secret for you Marcie. Leo proposed to me.. I would be guessing that is what they're talking about." I could see Marcie's face light up.

"Oh my Miss James let me see the rock!" She squealed.

"Oh Marcie, it is Ada. Also I said no, there is too much going on now along with only knowing him this short amount of time."

She put the broom down letting it rest next to the counter.

"Oh dear, let me tell you a story. 58 years ago I met a man named Howard, I called him Howie for short. He worked for his father at a shoe shop, we fell madly in love within weeks, I was young maybe around 17 then. He was two year older than I was so he was 19, we spent every waking moment together the summer I met Howie. We were married by the end of August, we were married 54 years before he had passed.." She paused with a small from which turned to a smile when she continued.

"It is not how long you know someone it is how long you can love them. I never knew that I would love Howie for 58 years, but I knew I could love him every day I woke up. I can see that in you and Leo, you just need to love them every morning when you wake up and every night when you go to bed. You don't need to love everything in between, but if you can find love for them when you start and end everyday it will work."

"I'm sorry for your loss Marcie, it sounds like you both had a wonderful love." I patted her shoulder.

"We sure do have a wonderful love." She smiled and picked up her cleaning supplies and walked out.

_______________________________

I hope you all enjoy this chapter! We will see soon where Leo and Adaline lead along with Marcus's court case!!

I will be posting my regular updates on Monday's from now on. For a double update on Friday, get this chapter to 10 votes or 10 comments!

Stay safe and Stay home,

Thank you to all of our essential workers during this difficult time.

Xoxo

Lexi