Ch. 21

Hello my lovelies! Well first off there will be a double update this Wednesday, but I still want to address how thankful I am for the support of this story!! It is currently number 850 in thrillers which does not seem too impressive but the ranking is out of over 10k stories so thank you all so much!! Please keep reading, commenting, voting, or even messaging me with suggestions for this story

Love ya

___________________________________________________________

Alec Joslyn

The 5 day hell week is over and I have never been so relieved in my entire life, none of the men had died because I didn't want that to happen. We are all family here and no one deserves to die of starvation or being beaten to death.

"Leo." I curtly said when he trotted into his office closing his door behind him.

"Alec, how'd hell week go?" He asked.

"Well no one died, like the orders state the should have, but i think this really thought the men about respect and now will follow you diligently due to you know being more threatening. I had several of the men admit to me that they thought things would be easier and more 'chill' according to some of them." I answered back to him, also assign in some air quotes around chill.

"Interesting, so you think that this respect will continue? Or should I do another round of hell week with the more of the men?" Leo rose a brow toward me.

"I personally believe that the insubordination issued was within the men that were in this group, but I do think you should make it an annual thing."

"So like every year?" Leo looked me confused.

"Yes, I think that you keep record of the men that do well with us and the men that step on your toes. Then whom ever racks up the most times pissing you off send them into a hell week and have one of the better men run it."

"That's a damn good plan Alec." Leo shook his head. "You're also free to head home, you can have the day off."

"Are you serious? The casino opens in two days?" I don't understand why he would want me off today. We have so much to prep for there are a ton of our clients lined up to be at this event..

"Alec, Dante is excelling in this right now and I don't want him to feel like I don't trust his abilities by having you stand over him. But tomorrow I will be having you checking over his numbers and clients to make sure it up to your standards of how we do things." Leo walked over to the office door and opened it up.

"Thanks Leo." I got up and left.

I walked down the hall which the sound of Ada's laughter bounced off the walls and lead me straight down into the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen to see Ada standing next to the stove with a glass of wine in her hand talking to her beautiful friend Cat..

"Alec!" Ada exclaimed once she saw me.

She sauntered over and gave me a quick hug.

"Hey Ada." I smiled back at her.

"You remember Catalina right?" Ada asked.

"Of course I do. Hello Cat." I grinned at Cat eating a dazzling smile in return.

"Alec." She smiled and nodded at me.

"I am just about to make lunch Alec would you like to stay?" Ada asked.

"I have the day of Ada you don't need to cook for me." I laughed grabbing my coat that was sitting on the stool.

"Alec put your damn coat down and eat lunch with us." Ada smiled and walked out of the room.