Ch. 23

Adaline James

Leo has been parading me around on his arm like a trophy for the last hour, oohing and awing at my body while he shows me off. Yet I can't get the sight of Marcus off my mind. The letter he left for me, the ring.

"Adaline, are you okay." Leo whispered into the nape of my neck.

I turned to him and gave him a reassuring smile that I was fine when I was indeed not okay.

"Can we go get drinks?" I smiled at him hoping alcohol would be able to deter my mind from Marcus.

"Of course." He shook his head and turned toward the man and women he was talking to.

"If you'd excuse of Mr. and Mrs. Calvin, we are going to get ourselves some refreshments." Leo said in a charming tone.

"It was truly wonderful to meet you Ms. James." The man smiled, I could feel his eyes burning into my skin as if his wife wasn't a mere six inches away from him.

"As it was to meet you too as well." I put on a fake smile and grabbed onto Leo a tiger.

Leo got my hint and spun us around and toward the bar.

"Leo, what was up with that his wife was right next to him and he was being totally obvious in what he was doing." I asked leo, because I am sure he picked up on what Mr. Calvin was doing before I noticed.

"His wife, is a prostitute that he pimps out." Leo flatly said. "But if he looks at you like that again come tell me and he will be off the premises immediately." He kissed my hand and continued walking me to the bar.

I can't believe Leo is so okay with women being pimped out like that..

"I thought you were against women being put into the industry?" I asked.

"I am, I don't do it within my reign but as soon as you get into other gangs and groups it's their choice. I can only help the women who ask for it." He looked pained in the fact that he can't help them all.

"Okay." I didn't know what else to say.

"Babes, white or red?" Leo turned to ask me.

"Vodka water with and orange slice please." I coldly answered back, I need something stronger than wine tonight.

Leo eyes went wide, but he didn't say anything to my order.

"Sir Rossi how may I serve you?" The bartender asked.

"Marlin I'll have a scotch on the rocks, and my lovely date will have a vodka water with an orange slice."

"Yes, Sir Rossi." Marlin shook his head and he was pouring the drinks within seconds.

"Babes want to go see the second floor now?" Leo turned to me with a smirk.

"Wait there's more? I figured it was just rooms above this?" I said this in reference to the nearly mile long casino floor we've been parading through.

"This is pretty much it, but upstairs there's a lounge for the high rolling members." Leo said handing me my drink.

I nodded at him and took his arm as he extended it out to me,.

"Want to see if Alec and Catalina want to join us?" Leo smiled clearly knowing I'd like to see a familiar face.

"Yes, please if that is alright." I clung to leo's arm tighter than before as we made our way through groups of people. Leo said hello and introduced me to a multitude of people of names I won't remember.