Ch. 32

hello all! Just letting you know, 15 votes or 6 comments from different people = double update for friday!

ALSO THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 20k READS AND over 700 FRICKIN VOTES!! I LOVE YOU ALL
_________________________________________

Leo Rossi

Adaline and I were about 15 minutes from landing back in San Francisco, and honestly I hope to god that the feds aren't waiting there to pick me up.  That's the last stress-or I need to put on Adaline. 

I hate that I love the girl I kidnapped so much. 

She was supposed to just be a pawn in this game to toy with Marcus.

I looked over at her.

Her fingers locked onto mine gazing out the window of the helicopter as we slowly moved closer to SF,  her cascading hair just grazed across her.  I really can't believe I can feel love again; after what happened to my the girl who I once thought was my only love. 

"Leo what are you looking at?"  Adaline smiled at me with a puzzled look on her face. 

"Nothing Adaline.  Nothing at all."  I shook my head and tighten my grasp on her hand a bit. 

She nodded and turned back to the window.  

We landed shortly after, and as far as I could tell there wasn't anyone around to arrest me.  We left the helicopter with our one bag.  Thanking the pilot on our way out a rental car was waiting for us parked near the aircraft. 

It was a Chevy impala,  it was very inconspicuous.  I would never figure myself to be driving something of this caliber.  Well in this day in age, I forget what it feels like to not have money.  Having the amount that I do now, makes poor my childhood seem impossible.  My father truly did for us as a crew.  He brought us up from one of the smallest mafia's to one of the biggest in a stint of 26 years.  Too bad he got cut short by that asshole Marcus.

I walked to Adaline's side of the car and opened her door for her and kissed her hand before I shut the door for her.  I tossed the suitcase in the truck of the sedan. 

"How far away is the house we're going to?"  She turned toward me and asked the second I sat in the car.

"It's in Calistoga.  So about an hour and forty minutes away. However we're going to get there in an hour."  I said as I floored the gas and went flying off the jet way onto the highway toward Calistoga.

"Leo!"  Adaline exclaimed.

"Yes?"  I asked turning toward her knowing exactly what she wasn't a fan of my speed.

"Please slow down!!"  She squealed grabbing onto the side handle of the car door.

"We need to get there asap, I'm hoping some of the men made it there before they got picked up.  Plus I don't think Cat would love having to be with a large group of guys she has no idea who they are without us there."  I grabbed her free hand and gave it squeeze, and kept my pace on the road to Calistoga.

Alec Joslyn

"Why am I still here, you have no evidence to be holding me."  I murmured to an agent of Marcus's.

"We can hold you for 24 hours before we have to let you go."  She growled while looking through files to try to find more things to charge me with.

The first few things they were trying to press were kidnapping charges on Ada, which were disapproved with the written title of her moving into Leo's house.  Then they tried possession of illegal drugs, which they couldn't actually prove because they couldn't find any drugs in the houses or warehouses.  Then they tried to book me for murders that did happen, but they couldn't pin anything to me.  Some of the lower men may be being picked off for these but it's unlikely.  Then they were trying to pin me and Leo specifically with illegally dealing arms but they couldn't prove even a smidge of evidence on us for that.