Ch. 10

Adaline James

My life is a cluster fuck.

My dad was in some fucking mafia.

My boyfriend fucking kills people, and knew that my dad's death wasn't an accident and didn't bother to tell me.

I almost had sex with a guy I've known for two weeks.

I was raped, beaten, and sold like a piece of meat.

There was no more for me to do but cry.

I've been in the shower crying for at least a half hour now.. This is utterly ridiculous.

"Adaline, please talk to me.. Or at least acknowledge me to let me know you're alive."

Leo has been calling things like this to me the entire time.. Why can't he just let me be and be sad about my life by myself.

I turned off the water, and stepped of onto a towel.

I could see my body in the mirror, I looked absolutely horrifying. Bruises coated me from neck down.. My face is swollen around my stitches, stitches in my shoulder.

I look like a fucking mess.

I wrapped a towel around myself after my little hate session over my own body. I gave up on hiding in the bathroom forever. I needed clothes, I should've put on the clothes that were by me down stairs.

I opened the bathroom door only to have Leo tip over on top of me from leaning on the door and startling him.

"Oh sorry. I didn't know you were coming out." Leo said wide eyed.

"It's okay."

"Are you okay?" He asked with concern in his eyes. I don't think he has noticed that he's laying on top of me while only in a towel yet.

"I'd be better if you weren't laying on top of me." I rolled my eyes,

He looked shocked when I said that.

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry, are you hurt at all? Let me help you up." He sputtered and pulled himself off of me, he pulled my waist up with him and my towel fell to the floor.

"Okay, that's enough helping for right now." I laughed quickly grabbing the towel.

"Well now I know what your body looks like for the next time were going to have a drunken sex-capade." He winked.

I couldn't help but laugh.

"Well I'm usually not so beat up." I laughed.

"Ok, I'll let you get dressed."

Leo left the room, I walked over to the bags of clothes that they had boughten for me over the time I've been here. I need to go home, I have nothing here and I have no desire to be here any-longer. Not that I had any intention to be here anyway.

Leo Rossi

"Hey Leo, Ada has been up there alone for awhile shouldn't you go check on her?" Alec asked from the couch across the room from me.

"It's 3am I am assuming she's asleep. She's has been through hell the last few days." I still can't get over what Giovani did. I'm glad I killed that bastard.

"How are we going to handle her face being all over the news then?" Alec said turning on the news.

The news has had a constant stream of Adaline for the last 4 days.

"I'm not sure, we need to ask her to call Marcus or something.."

"Well what if she spills where we are and or who." Alec said looking toward me.

"We're going to have to find something she's willing to do on her own terms I guess." I shook my head. He had a good point.

I stood up and threw the blanket I had on top of me back onto the couch and headed up stairs to get to bed.

I walked into my room to see Adaline sprawled out all over the bed and all of the lights still on in the room. I laughed to myself and made my way into the bathroom. I quickly brushed my teeth and made my way back out into my room.

I quickly changed into a pair of PJ pants and looked at Adaline in my bed, trying to assess where I could lay on the bed that I would still have room at.

I walked over to the side closest to the balcony doors and slid into the bed. I have maybe two feet of space on the bed.

Adaline James

I woke up from the best sleep since I've had over the last two weeks. I don't want to move, I am so content I don't even want to ruin it by opening my eyes.

But I couldn't sleep any more so I decided that it was time I opened my eyes. To my surprise I was wrapped up in Leo's arms and for some reason I have no want to leave them.. I feel so safe and protected in this moment. I could see his tattoo covered chest rise and fall with each breath he took.

I sat in the bed zoning out to content to leave.

"Having fun there?" I heard Leo's tired voice ask.

"Hmm?" I turned looking up at him.

"Your hand Adaline."

I rose a brow..

"Ohh. I didn't realize I was doing that." I said retracting my hand from Leo's arm tracing his tattoos.

"I didn't mind, but I apologize for holding you hostage in my arms last night." Leo said sliding his arms back to his sides from around me.

"I didn't mind, I slept ridiculously well."

"Glad to hear it Adaline."

Later On

"Ada, we need you to call Marcus and tell him that you're okay and just taking some time off." Alec said sliding a phone toward me.

"Fuck no." I said sliding it back across the table.

"Please, we need this heat off of us." Alec stated.

"Why would I help my captor." I spit back at him.

"You're telling me you aren't happy here?" Alec spat back at me.

"Well no, but I'm not killing the asshole who fucking knew my dads death wasn't accidental." I threw the phone across the room away from me.

"Adaline, please settle down." Leo called from his desk where he was watching Alec try to persuade me into calling Marcus.

"No."

"Ada, what if you call someone and tell them you're just taking a vacation. You don't even need to call Marcus." Alec tried once again walking over to the phone that now is laying on the floor.

"How about no."

"Adaline, what would you be willing to do?" Leo asked looking at me shaking his head.

"I'm not lying to anyone about this situation." I said crossing my arms across me.

"Ok, what other option does that leave us." Alec asked setting the cell phone down on the desk.

"What if I make a blog post just so people know that I'm alive. I have enough people on there for it to be known that I'm ok?" I asked.

Leo looked at Alec, he then looked like he was deep in thought.

"I guess that could work, what would this post be about?" Alec questioned.

"Well I could quickly make some food and write a quick thing up on it."

"That'll work, but you have to include something in the writing that confirms that your okay and not dead." Alec said.

________________________________________________________

Hey everyone! I hope you all enjoy this chapter!!

Let me know what you think in the comments below! Be sure to vote!!

If we can reach 75 votes by Wednesday I will put up TWO chapters on the Wednesday update, if not there will just be one new chapter up on Wednesday!!

xoxo

lexi