Ch. 34

Alec Joslyn

"What the heck do you mean Leo wants AJ to leave him?" Cat sat up in bed giving me such an off look.

"I honestly do not know. He was freaked about something like his first wedding happening again. Then with the men going to jail he was talking to Rocco and his wife is ready to pop with a baby and he thinks that it'll happen to him and Ada." I sighed, Leo better not do anything stupid.

"You're stuck with me, so you better not have any of those thoughts." She giggled a little bit.

She leaned over and planted a soft kiss on my cheek, I honestly cannot believe I have only known her and Ada for a few months and they have both made huge impacts on my life.. Not even to say how much for the better Leo has changed.

"More like you're stuck with me! I have a whole mob who would track you down to keep you around!" I smiled and pulled myself on top of her and just rested my head on her chest..

"You know if Leo leaves AJ I'm going to have to take her side on everything right? That means I'll be at her house consoling her during all of this not here with you." Cat said, looking up at me batting her eyes.

"So you are saying I should go talk him down."

"If you don't I will go tell her about this and make her leave him. She does not need anything more on her plate right now." Cat sounded angry.

However she does have a fair point on this. Ada did just see her ex everything get thrown in jail and awaiting tomorrow's court hearing.

"Ok, I will go to Leo."

Cat hugged me in response and let me leave the room.

Adaline James

These past few days have been draining, there is nothing more I want to do than to just escape this all. I have moved the majority of my stuff into Leo's home.. But it still doesn't feel like home to me. There are rooms bare empty and some completely full of things I shouldn't know about. Once this is over I need to get out of this house, whether Leo comes with me or not.

I have been receiving countless interview calls from magazines and network shows wanting to chat about everything that has happened yet they try to cover it and say that they want to talk about all of the AdaJ's Locations..

"Miss James, Leo is waiting outside for you." Wesley, a new one of Leo's men, casually said steps away from me in the kitchen.

"One it is Ada, two I did not realize he was coming?" I raised my brow at him.

"Neither did I ma'am" He said.

"Ok, ma'am is worse than Miss James." I laughed as I walked by him and patted his shoulder.

I walked down the hall slipping on some converse and throwing my jean jacket over my dress. I skipped out the front door which led me to Leo sitting in his or shall I say my new blacked out G Wagon.

As soon as Leo saw me approaching he swung open his door and met me at the passenger.

"Why don't you look so lovely today Adaline." He kissed my forehead and opened my door in one fell swoop. He shut my door and walked around back to the drivers side.

"So where are we going." I asked.

"That would be top secret." He grabbed my hand and kissed it as we bagan the trip out of the driveway.

Leo Rossi

Adaline has had her hand tightly woven in mine this entire forty minute ride to this beautiful place. I need to tell her what is spinning in my head, I need her to know that I want her to leave me.

We arrived at the park my family used to go to all the time when I was just a boy, it has a wonderful pond full of ducks and fish. It is an outstanding place to be and think, therefore I think this will be the best place for me to find the words and for Adaline to maybe one day find it in her heart not to hate me for this.

"What's this Leo?" She cocked her head at me. I ignored her and got out of the car and opened her door for her.

"I just need to talk to you, and this is my favorite place as a kid so I needed to come back." I grabbed her hand and led her to the bench swing nearest the pond.

"What is this all about Leo?" She had a concerned look on your face.

"Adaline, you know I care deeply for you and that all of my men do as well. After losing my first love I cannot bear to lose you."

"What do you mean Leo you aren't near losing me?" She looked concerned.

"I know that, however I am not willing to let anyone hurt you the way I was hurt with her. That is why you need to leave. You are welcome to stay at my house for as long as you need, my men and myself will protect you forever but I cannot have someone hurt you or hurt me in lieu of hurting you." I paused

She looked like she was going to cry.

"My life has been crazy as long as I can remember and I do not want you to have to be in the crazy with me. I want a life with you Adaline but our lives don't match up right now and they never will. You need to find someone who will love you in a safe way. You need to leave me"

"Leo, shut the fuck up." She demanded, no longer looking like she was going to cry. She looked mad.

"I love you Leo, you love me. These are facts. I want your crazy love, I want to be crazy in love with you like this forever. I will not leave you and I know damn well you won't leave me."

I didn't know what to say.. She isn't leaving..

I kissed her, and she immediately kissed me back.

"Marry me Adaline."

_________________________________________

Hello I am back,

I dearly hope you all are being safe during the pandemic.

Happy reading, I will be posting more soon

Xoxo

lex