Ch. 12

Marcus O'Riley

I was forced into taking the day off, my fucking boss thinks I'm 'too invested' in Ada's investigation.. What the fuck else do they expect. She's the fucking love of my life and she just disappeared.

I threw the phone with the message of my forced day off into the wall. This is a joke.

I haven't spent more than four hours at a time in this damn place since Ada left me.. There's no more joy and light here without Ada around, I never thought I'd be so damn attached to someone in my life. My father always told me that she'd get in the way o my line of work, but I never cared she's too damn precious to me. I can't believe she's not here with me. She loved it so much when I had a day off, she would cook and have me try new concoctions she was making for her blog and restaurants.

I need Ada.

I walked into our bedroom and opened the top drawer of my dresser and pulled out the little black box that had been sitting in there for two months now.. The time was never right to ask her. I opened the box and just looked at the ring for a minute, I should've already asked her.. I want her to be my wife, she's the only girl I've truly loved. I put the box back into its place in my drawer.

Making my way from the bedroom I went and flopped onto the couch in the living room burying my face into the cushions of the couch. I closed my eyes hoping to sleep this nightmare away.

*later on*

I woke up to the sound of the locks turning on the door.. What the fuck? I walked into the kitchen to go grab my gun. I quietly took a step toward the door of the apartment turning the corner as silently as possible.

"Holy fuck." I put my gun on the counter and ran.

"Ada." My heart rate shot through the roof.

"Hi Marcus.." she sounded off.

"Ada are you okay?" I regret saying that seeing a huge scar over her forehead. "What happened to you." I blurted no letting her get any words in.

"I'm fine, someone jumped me and hit me in the head.. I'm perfectly fine." she sputtered looking fearful.

"Where have you been Ada?" I followed her into the bedroom, why is she avoiding me.

"Did you read my blog post?" She spat back at me.

"What's up with you?" I asked, this is so unlike her.

"I'm done with us Marcus." She looked up at me.

My heart fell to the floor.

"What Ada.." I felt like I'd been shot.

"You're a lying asshole, get the fuck away from me." She said grabbing a suitcase from the closet.

"Adaline Marie James, what in the world are you talking about." I'm so confused, what has gotten into her.

"You being a lying asshole, who fucking knew my dad wasn't fucking killed in a car accident." She yelled as she threw her clothes into the bad.

"How do"

"How do I know you were there when my fucking father died? That's not relevant, the only relevant thing is me leaving your sorry ass." She spat at me throwing the necklace i bought her to my feet.

"Ada, please don't do this." I begged.

"Fuck off Marcus, we're done." she turned on her heels pulling her suitcase with her.

She left the room in a storm.

"Ada wait." I grabbed the ring.

She stopped just before the door.

"Why, I want nothing to do with you." Her eyes went wide when she saw me.

"Marry me." I was down on one knee.

"I can't." Her eyes were wide with a mixture of hate and sadness. She opened the door and dragged her bag with her out the door and slammed it in my face.

Adaline James

I ran out of the apartment complex with tears in my eyes, praying that Marcus wouldn't follow me. I continued my way into the parking complex where the black SUV was waiting for me in the lot.

Alec stepped out of the car.

"Ada, are you ok?" He asked wiht concern in his voice.

"Yes." That's a lie, my life is a cluster fuck.

"I'll put this in the back. You can sit in the front, go take my seat." Alec grabbed the bag wiht all of my belongings with ease and threw it inot the trunk of the car.

I opened the door to the car and hopped in, avoiding eye contact with Leo who was driving the car. He set his hand on my knee and gave it a reasurring squeeze and retracted his hand back to the streering wheel.

"Leo, the realtor from the casino called. We got the place." Alec said slamming the door he just enetered from.

"Great, call the contractor so we can get the place up and running asap." Leo said putting the car into drive and flying out of the complex.

Out of the corner ofmy eye I saw Marcus running toward the car.

"Fucking hell. He was in there?" Alec yelled.

"Alec, don't you fucking yell at her." Leo snapped.

"He just fucking saw us putting her in a car Leo. I have a reason to yell." Alec snapped back.

"I willingly got into the car, he can't do anything about it Alec." I rolled my eyes.

"But what if he goes to the police."

"He is 'the police'." I rolled my eyes again.

"She's not wrong Alec, they'll review securtiy tapes I'm sure. Then when they do that they wont have any contrdicting evidnece that she's here willingly now." Paolo stated enetering the conversation.

"Well if our asses end up getting picked up by the police I'll be saying I told you so." He chuckled.

"What'd Marcus say to you when you were inside?" Leo asked.

"Mainly where I've been and if I was okay.." I said avoiding the big thing he asked.

"Then why were you crying so hard Adaline." Leo asked quitelty just barely audible for me to hear.

"He asked me to marry him.." I whispered.

Leo's jaw dropped.

______________________________________________________

Hope you all enjoy this update!! be sure to vote and comment!!

If we have 90 VOTES by Sunday I'll do another double update!!

xoxo

lex