Ch. 18

200 votes by Wednesday for a double update!!
___________
Adaline James

I woke up to a stir of blankets pulling away from my body. I opened my eyes to see Leo trying to get out of bed.

"Adaline, I didn't mean to wake you up.. It's still really early." Leo said pulling the blankets from him and putting them on the bed.

I just blinked a few times, not answering him.

He walked over to the side of the bed I was on and pulled the blankets from by my waist up to my chest. He kissed my forehead and left the room.

I closed my eyes and dozed off again.

Later On

I woke up what seemed like 10 minutes later but the room was no longer dark, it was filled with light coming in from the open curtains. The sun was kissing my skin.

I rolled from bed, still wearing my clothes from last night I slowly trudged from my room and down into the kitchen.

The house was silent and empty. No sound was to be found anywhere.

With the entire house to my self I started up the coffee pot and made a small breakfast.

After eating and drinking enough coffee I made my way back upstairs to get ready.

I took a shower for at least an hour, after I got out I I wrapped myself in a towel and just sat on the edge of the bath. Not knowing what I wanted to do with myself for the day considering the restaurant has been out of commission for the last week and a half.. and the other locations are all doing fine and don't need me there at the current time.

I looked at the weather and realized that it was supposed to be almost a ninety degree day. I walked from the bathroom and into the bedroom where I rummaged through my still packed suitcase for a swimsuit.. I need to go to my apartment and get the rest of my stuff..

Or move back home.. No I can't, I feel safe here..

Alec Joslyn

"Everyone, I have called you here today because I'm sick of the lack of respect and attention to what I'm saying and telling you all. If this had happened under my father's order, half of you would've been wounded and left for dead out in the ocean to fend for yourself." Leo paused.

He's been furious about everything for a awhile.. I'm surprised it took him this long to snap at the men and me.

The guys Leo called here are the ones who've disrespected him or haven't been following direct orders.. Yet he says I'm here for a different meaning.

"This is Alec, my underboss as I am sure many of you are aware. He is here today because he is going to be reinforcing th policies back into your dumb asses.." Leo snapped and turned to me.

I twisted back toward Leo with wide eyes.

"He will be running the 5 day long he'll all of you will be enduring. This including no food and one 8 ounce bottle of water for each of you. During the week you all will be out through the ringer and your mental and physical breaking points will be met." Leo said throwing the tiny cwater bottles to 12 different men.

"As for Alec here he will have one gallon of water and a bag of food rations. Those of you who manage to complete the tasks well that you'll be doing Alec will reward you." Leo said jumping down from the crate he was standing on now back at our level.

"Drop your cell phones and guns in the backpack then disperse." Leo snapped.

He walked toward me.

"Uhm Leo what is this." I asked.

"Remember that time in high school when I was gone for a week and came back 10 lbs lighter and beat the fuck up?" Leo asked.

"Yes?" This has to be a fucking joke.

"Well it's that camp. And you are running it, no better way to learn some damn respect that to be teaching it to the even more disrespectful eh?" Leo said reaching in my back pocket taking my phone and car keys.

"Leo what the fuck." I said.

"There's a list of things you must do in the crate along with your food and water. I'll know if the tasks aren't completed." Leo said walking out of the warehouse with a backpack.

I followed Leo out the door.

"Leo what's the point of this." I asked as Leo pulled the gun from his waistband.

Now that I'm thinking he didn't take mine.

"Removing the weak and useless." Leo began fire the gun at each car in the lot hitting each tire on all of the cars. The air being released was easily heard from where I was standing.

"Go read the letter Alec, it will be helpful. My father left this tradition, it's been happening for generations. It's in our family line." Leo let his angry evil demeanor down.

"Okay Leo, I'm trusting you with this." I turned on my heels and walked back into the warehouse.

Leo Rossi

I parked my car and made my way into the house from the back door for a change. Taking my first steps into the house I could hear music blasting from the kitchen. I kicked off the boots I had on and made my way into the kitchen.

I rose a brow to the empty kitchen and to my surprise that's not where the music was coming from. I walked toward the noise which lead me out of the back yard. I stepped out of the French doors that were wide open and I took a step out to see Adaline asleep on a swan pool float. I couldn't help but chuckle a little at the sight of that.

I walked back inside and into my bedroom to throw on a pair of swim trunks because it was blistering hot out. After I was dressed I went back down to the pool with a beer on hand along with a. Wine spritzer for Adaline.

"Leo? When did you get back?" she asked from the float clearly still very tired.

"Just a minute ago." I said setting the drinks I had in hand down on the table. I walked over to the side of the pool thinking of my new idea.

"Leo what is the devious smile on your face right now." She whined with the little sad smirk on her face.

"Oh nothing Adaline." I winked as I cannonballed into the pool right next to her float coating her in water.

"Leooo." She whined

"Sorry babes" I shrugged at her from the water.

"You're so going to regret that." She yelled as she hopped from the toward me in the water.

She landed right next to me pulling me down in the water with her.

"You're a little brat." I smiled at her.

We swam to the shallow end of the pool. She climbed out and grabbed the wine and beer from the table and made her way back to the stoop I had sat down at.

"Thank you." She smiled.

"For what?" I asked completely confused about the entire comment.

"Giving me a home when I lost mine in town, I mean I have plenty of other places I could've gone but I'm safe and comfortable here." She kissed me and laid her head on my shoulder as the sun made her golden hair glisten.

________________________________

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter??

Be sure to vote and comment for what you want to see in this story!!

How was it so easy for Leo to switch his attitude from giving guys hell to loving up on Ada??

Also once again this was typed on a phone so sorry for any formatting issues!

200 votes by Wednesday for a double update!

Xoxo
Lex