Ch. 19

Leo Rossi

It has been three days since I brought the men to the warehouse and Alec hasn't tried to contact me once even though he has his phone.. He must be taking the direction of my father very seriously..

According to the instructions six of the men shall die, and none of them will be in Alec's hand. When my father put me through this test only one man died and that was because Rubio who was running the trial got pissed that he couldn't control the us in the warehouse so he shot the man out of spite.

"Leo." Adaline's voice snapped me from my train of thought.

"Yeah Adaline?" I turned toward her at the stove.

"Ok, for the 50th time call me anything other than Adaline. Also where have Alec and the other guys been the last few days? It has been so quiet here without them." She said.

"1st of no, and they are working on a project for me." I paused. "But what are you doing today Adaline?" I asked hopping she wouldn't ask me anything else about the guys.

"I was hoping that you'd bring me to my apartment so I can grab the rest of my clothes.. Especially if you want me here longer.." She sheepishly said knowing damn well I want her here.

Even if she is driving me crazy by not letting me fuck her.

"Will Marcus be there?" I asked.

"I'm not sure.. Also when can I get my car back?" Adaline took the pan of food from the stove and set it on a hot pad.

"Well, you see we no longer have your car in our possession.." Damn I'm going to have to buy her a new car. Fuck.

"What do you mean?" She asked grabbing a plate from the cabinet.

"It's gone, and not coming back." I shrugged.

My stomach growled.

"Tell your stomach to wait two seconds." Adaline laughed walking a plate with chicken, rice and vegetables over to me.

"Thanks for lunch babes." I slapped her ass.

She spun on her heels and her eyes went right into a glare at me.

"Don't make me take that food away from you." She rolled her eyes and left the room.

Adaline James

Leo was walking up the stairs behind me to my old place.

"Holy fuck, why didn't we take the elevator." Leo panted from behind me.

"We're only going to the fourth floor calm down." I shook my head at him pushing the door to my floor open.

"At least I had a good view on the way up." Leo winked at me.

"Fuck off." I laughed.

We made our way over to the door. I quickly unlocked it and made our way inside.

"Hello?" I called out trying to see if Marcus was here.

No answer.. Oh well I shrugged

We walked in.

"So Adaline, what do you want me to grab?" Leo asked.

"Go into the kitchen and all of the cookbooks you can see." I smiled and he shot me a thumbs up.

I walked down the hall and into the bedroom, I began grabbing the rest of my clothes when I realized that Marcus's clothes were also gone..

I rose a brow and looked into the closet to see that only my stuff was left in here.

"Hey Adaline, come here!" Leo called.

I left the bedroom and made my into the kitchen where I saw Leo reading something at the counter.

"What's that?" I asked taking a step closer and regretting my wording seeing the little box sitting on the counter next to Leo.

"Looks like Marcus left you a little something." Leo said sliding the box and paper toward me.

Ada, as I am sure you will be at the house soon enough to gather the rest of your belongings. So I am writing this to you because you don't answer me in any other form of communication. I am sorry I never told you the full truth of my job or what it entailed. But you are not safe with the monsters you are living with. I now have a new place and if you ever feel unsafe or need a place to go call me, and I will come and get you no matter when or where. Thereby telling you that I have moved I left the lease to this place in your name so feel free to sell it or do as you please, my key has been returned to the landlord. Along with the little box sitting next to this letter, my question still stands.. Will you marry me when we make it past the bump in the road.

I love you Adaline James.

I opened the ring box and looked at the the ring for the first time.

"It's his grandma's.." I said softly.

"You know you're not my prisoner Adaline. If you want to leave and go with Marcus you can." Leo barely spit out.

"Leo no, I can't and don't want to be with Marcus. Leo I've only known you for a month and you've made me feel things that I haven't felt with Marcus ever."

______________________________________________

hope you enjoy this chapter!!

210 votes for a double update on Sunday!!

Comment on what you want to read next!!!

xoxo 

lex